• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting an LLP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drkmyth

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

My colleague and I are starting an information technology (IT) and consulting business. We would like to register as an LLP in the state of Louisiana. We need advice on the form R.S. 9:3432 (http://www.sec.state.la.us/comm/cforms/f-975.pdf); specifically, since our services will mostly be done in our respective homes, we are not sure what address to put on the form as the address of the business. We will not need an office and have no intentions on obtaining one. Ideally, we wish for our home addresses not to become public.

Advice on zoning laws, tax ID #s, any other fees we may need to pay to start our LLP is also needed. Thanks.

TSRcue

Texas

It does not seem you have retained a Resident Agent (Louisiana may not even require one.) When you explore that topic you might want to consider nvinc.com. Check their services for Resident Agent. Check out what services a Louisiana RA would offer your business.
Basicly, there are only two types of mail your business would receive; legal documents and junk mail. Your RA handles the former, your trash can, the latter.
NVINC is my Resident Agent where Texas or the federal government would forward any and all legal documents. My situation is my home is my temporary office and I am not overly concerned about it becoming public knowledge. However, yours is IT and I would think a rental mailbox would meet your state's requirements?
It would seem to me the SOS link you've included should contain information on fees and schedules. Best wishes to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">