• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault at grandparent's cleaners by co-worker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justice911

What is the name of your state? IL

Hi, my name is Jihoon Ahn and I am in need of your advice.

My girlfriend got assaulted yesterday by one of the co-worker. My girlfriend is an international student who works(informally) at her grandparent's cleaners.

The co-worker assaulted her for talking back to an older person(Korean cultural thing). My girlfriend is 25 and she is mid 30s, and I am infuriated about this matter.

First thing we took pictures of her scars on my girlfriend's face, chest and back area. Then we treated her wounds.

We do not know what to do next. Should we go to the police, lawyer, or a hospital for proper treatment? She is a internation student here with a student visa and she does not have proper medical insurance and it would cost alot.

How should we go about this matter? Thanks for everything.

Jihoon.

HomeGuru

justice911 said:
What is the name of your state? IL

Hi, my name is Jihoon Ahn and I am in need of your advice.

My girlfriend got assaulted yesterday by one of the co-worker. My girlfriend is an international student who works(informally) at her grandparent's cleaners.

The co-worker assaulted her for talking back to an older person(Korean cultural thing). My girlfriend is 25 and she is mid 30s, and I am infuriated about this matter.

First thing we took pictures of her scars on my girlfriend's face, chest and back area. Then we treated her wounds.

We do not know what to do next. Should we go to the police, lawyer, or a hospital for proper treatment? She is a internation student here with a student visa and she does not have proper medical insurance and it would cost alot.

How should we go about this matter? Thanks for everything.

Jihoon.

**A: so no report was made to the police or the employer grandparents?
What the heck are you people thinking? Did she or does she need medical attention?

justice911

Her wounds were treated, it were some bruises.

So are you suggesting to go to the police before buying a lawyer?

CdwJava

If the police are not called, the case will not go before a criminal court, and the chances of winning a lawsuit to pay for treatment or anything else would be slim.

Make a report to the police.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">