• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unwanted grandparent visitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eesmith

What is the name of your state? Washington

my children are currently in cps custody and my case worker keeps allowing my ex- father-in-law to have visitations with them. This is very disconcerning because the man was convicted of sexually assaulting his two daughters and he did jail time for it. The case worker keeps telling me that it is her responsibility to facilitate contact with all family members who wish to. I need to know if there is any way that I can prevent this from happening. my husband passed away and since then his father has come out of the woodworks and has just recently shown an interest in my children. I however do not feel that there is any need for my children to have any contact with this man considering the past criminal history and the fact that my children really have no clue who he is. I am very lost and confused and really just need to be pointed in the right direction. If you have any advise on this matter please e-mail me at [email protected]

BL

eesmith said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

my children are currently in cps custody and my case worker keeps allowing my ex- father-in-law to have visitations with them. This is very disconcerning because the man was convicted of sexually assaulting his two daughters and he did jail time for it. The case worker keeps telling me that it is her responsibility to facilitate contact with all family members who wish to. I need to know if there is any way that I can prevent this from happening. my husband passed away and since then his father has come out of the woodworks and has just recently shown an interest in my children. I however do not feel that there is any need for my children to have any contact with this man considering the past criminal history and the fact that my children really have no clue who he is. I am very lost and confused and really just need to be pointed in the right direction. If you have any advise on this matter please e-mail me at [email protected]
Well your children are in the control of CPS ? Are they living with you or what's the " facts " ? No draw out story Just the Facts .

Advise ? Even though someone has been in the system for sexual abuse on their children ( lord help these kids ) , but IF that person follows what he's suppose to , They are allowed Visits . SOMETIMES . It sounds like Cps is in Control , and you Should seek out a Consult with a Family Law Attorney , to review the Facts and advise you for a small Fee .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">