• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander Or Not???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momof3kids831

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TEXAS
I want to see if anyone here can help before I contact a real attorney and then get JACKED for fees that I can NOT afford. OK , here goes.
I was living in a apartment that i was discriminated agaist in the first place and then after telling them that I felt this way they gave me apartment ON THE SPOT. ( I have a witness that was there when I told the manager I felt this way) ANYWAYS, a year later i wanted to upgrade to a 3 bedroom. I asked what I would have to do. I was told if i did not return the apartment to a apartment ready state then I would have to pay another deposit. SO I gave the deposit and told her I thought I would have to as the carpets with 3 kids was in not good shape. I haned over the money. ONE WEEK later i was told that the 3 bedroom was not going to happen and the family did not want to move. I had to find another place to go or make month to month payments . I said I would look as I realy needed a 3 bedroom. ANYWAY, I moved and then they sent a paper to me saying the apartment was in BAD SHAPE. NOW>.. HERE is where the slander comes in....

MY work was doing a promotional thing at the complexes in or city and went to see if we could do they same promotion at HER complex. I was not with the other 2 workers . They got there and 1 of the workers was telling her that I worked at the " JOB" and then the manager of the coplex started telling them about how she thought our apartment was in BAD SHAPE and that we were SLOBS and that I owed her soooo much money and that I could have atleast replaced light bulbs and on and ONNNNN...( my boss) One of my co workers even asked her if she is allowed to speak about me like this to them and the manager told her that she was just making conversation. PLEASE .. if you have read this far and can takke the time to PLEASE email me or post a reply here.. WILL YOU??? I need to know if any of you think I have a case. THE ONE EMPLOYEE that was there is 1 of my bosses. She said she will go to court if I wanted her 2. SOOO ,... DO I have a cliam or a case??? my email is [email protected]... any help is SOOOO helpfull...... :confused:

BelizeBreeze

Nothing in your post is actionable.
One person's opinion of you as a slob and owing them money for having to clean up after you is opinion, protected by the 1st amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Get over it and move on.

momof3kids831

my reply to your opinion

TEXAS

FIRST off .. you have no clue what you are speaking about. 2nd.. I SPOKE to a attorny and he said that is for SURE defamation of character. SO I wanted to see if anyone on here had a clue to help and YOU DON'T so it may be helful if you did not answer others untill you DO have a clue as to what you are saying. FOR THAT MATTER, i was not a SLOB. I did not need anyone ELSE coming down on me. I do what I can to make ends meet and DO NOT need anyone else in this world putting me further down in a drama hole that I was ALREADY IN.I keep as clean as a home as I can with 3 kids under the age of 8. I do not let my home go by any means but I can not help that KIDS WILL BE KIDS !!!THEY do make messes and with Kool Aide that can not come up with any carpet cleaners on the market... ANYWAYS..... ANY ONE else that can further help me in this battle will be great... :rolleyes: THANKS to all that have read my post...

momof3kids831

STEALTH.... DID that really needed to be posted. Find something better to do with your time then to critique others.:rolleyes: I mean come on man. ANYWAYS, I will get it together with this and was hoping others had any ideas of a approach. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">