• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

land purchase... seller backing out!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

norcalstew

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? California.

I signed an agreement to purchase a lot from a couple for a said price and they gave me written approval to make improvements (ie. building structures, excavating, landscaping) to the lot before the close of escrow. So I now have a manufactured home that is near completion on the lot. The couple now discloses that thier brother owns half intrest in the lot and he has a judgement agianst him. The couple says if half the proceedes go to pay the brothers debt, they will back out. I did not have a contract with the brother due to the couple not disclosing the brothers intrest. Can the couple back out of the sale? And who will be responsible for payig for this home and impovements?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">