• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

-dsgirl-

I have a friend who got picked up and was taken to PA. Supposedly he will be charged with theft by deception and theft by failure to make disposition of funds received. The amount mentioned was nearly $80.000
I don't know what's going on, thought I knew the kind of person he was. Can anybody tell me what might happen from here? Where can I find out what his sentense might be? I am at a loss right now.

Last edited:

-dsgirl-

-dsgirl- said:
I have a friend who got picked up and was taken to PA. Supposedly he will be charged with theft by deception and theft by failure to make disposition of funds received. The amount mentioned was nearly $80.000
I don't know what's going on, thought I knew the kind of person he was. Can anybody tell me what might happen from here? Where can I find out what his sentense might be? I am at a loss right now.
Anybody? I'm all confused, don't know what's going on, don't know what to expect. I'm 7000 miles away, don't have anybody to contact. THANKS!!!!

ENASNI

um

-dsgirl- said:
Anybody? I'm all confused, don't know what's going on, don't know what to expect. I'm 7000 miles away, don't have anybody to contact. THANKS!!!!
What do you mean YOU don't have anybody to contact? How long have you known this person? We can't help you out much unless we really know what
he is being charged with? Are you abroad?

What is the whole story? WIth paragraphs please.

-dsgirl-

I am indeed abroad.

He can't call me, since I can't receive collect calls. I don't know his family, can't even contact him. I tried to call where he's being held, but they won't give me any info, of course.

Supposedly he will be charged with theft by deception and theft by failure to make disposition of funds received. The amount mentioned was nearly $80.000

That's really all I know so far.

ENASNI

Look

-dsgirl- said:
I am indeed abroad.

He can't call me, since I can't receive collect calls. I don't know his family, can't even contact him. I tried to call where he's being held, but they won't give me any info, of course.

Supposedly he will be charged with theft by deception and theft by failure to make disposition of funds received. The amount mentioned was nearly $80.000

That's really all I know so far.
Sorry, There is no way we can really help you here with that little information.
I have to tell you though,. They do not go overseas to pick up a fella and take him all the way back to Pennsylvania on a whim.

This guy is in deep! And you are better off.

-dsgirl-

Sorry, There is no way we can really help you here with that little information.
What information are you looking for? I can try to find out. I just basically want to know if he's looking at prison time.

I have to tell you though,. They do not go overseas to pick up a fella and take him all the way back to Pennsylvania on a whim.
They didn't go abroad to pick him up. I'm just overseas. He was picked up in the States.

ENASNI

Well

-dsgirl- said:
What information are you looking for? I can try to find out. I just basically want to know if he's looking at prison time.

They didn't go abroad to pick him up. I'm just overseas. He was picked up in the States.
Okay well this is like pulling teeth. How did you get the information in the first place. And if you can get it, you can get all of it. Why post here?

-dsgirl-

ENASNI said:
Okay well this is like pulling teeth. How did you get the information in the first place. And if you can get it, you can get all of it. Why post here?
I posted here because this is a forum to get some advice.

The little info I do have, I got from a friend of his. She doesn't know much either, other than that he was picked up. I found out from online what he was picked up for. We have NO other information. So I came here to try and get some more information.

Happy Trails

PA§ 3921. Theft by unlawful taking or disposition.

PA§ 3922. Theft by deception.

Each one is a F3 (felony in the third degree).

The amount of time he will serve will vary on his prior record etc...
He needs an attorney.

-dsgirl-

Happy Trails said:
PA§ 3921. Theft by unlawful taking or disposition.

PA§ 3922. Theft by deception.

Each one is a F3 (felony in the third degree).

The amount of time he will serve will vary on his prior record etc...
He needs an attorney.
From what I know, he has no prior record. Is there a possibility he could plead guilty at his preliminary hearing and get out on probation?

Happy Trails

-dsgirl- said:
From what I know, he has no prior record. Is there a possibility he could plead guilty at his preliminary hearing and get out on probation?
No one can tell you that for sure. We have no clue to what the facts are and that's why he needs an attorney.
It looks like he is looking at two counts (both felonies in the third degree). Here are some cases that I have provided in the links below.

http://www.newhampshireinsuranceadvisors.com/news.cfm/Article/20686/Pa-Woman-Pleads-Guilty-To-Insurance.html
http://www.post-gazette.com/neigh_north/20030909nburbs0909p9.asp
WEST CHESTER, Pa.
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/centredaily/news/local/states/pennsylvania/counties/centre_county/state_college/10968887.htm
http://www.courttv.com/archive/people/2002/1018/fake_ap.html
George W. Hill Correctional Facility
Delaware, Pennsylvania
GEO Group (formerly known as Wackenhut
http://www.flpba.org/private/pennsylvania.htm

-dsgirl-

Happy Trails said:
No one can tell you that for sure. We have no clue to what the facts are and that's why he needs an attorney.
It looks like he is looking at two counts (both felonies in the third degree). Here are some cases that I have provided in the links below.

Thank you for all the links.

lanin

Deception I think that means to deceive. I don't know what kind of frind he is or how long you have known him but it doesn't sound good. Sign up for web dectective or somthing and get the scoop on him before you get yourself more involved.Don't let yourself get deceived.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">