• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

communication blunder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alstampa

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

In January I received a letter from the closing department of the company building my new home. The letter clearly stated that a closing date will be scheduled in the month of February and gave instructions as to what I needed to do in preparation for this. I complied, and downscaled my workload for the month of March as I was expecting to be busy moving at that time.

I called the person whose name appeared on the letter repeatedly during the month of February in an attempt to find out the specific date of the closing, but my calls went unanswered. Eventually, through my efforts to obtain any information at all, I found out that closing could not occur because the certificate of occupancy had not been issued. In fact, the CO was being delayed due to lack of water and sewage hook-up. Furthermore, I was informed that these letters are not sent until after the COs are issued and the quality assurance department performs their home evaluation. Clearly that was not the case in this instance.

I work on a freelance basis, and I turned down work due to this error in communication. Perhaps I may have salvage some of this had I been informed of the delay in a timely fashion, but the next letter I received from the closing department informing me that closing would not occur in February, did not arrive until February 26th.

Do I have any right to demand reparation for the wages lost?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">