• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling Lot - title clearing woes, Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mijo1

What is the name of your state? MN

Almost 3 years ago, I'd purchased a vacant lot that was foreclosed on through the county for tax forefeiture.

I had a buyer lined up with a singed purchase agreement, but when the closing date was approaching I received a call from his title company saying they were having trouble clearing the title... Citing, many different parties were listed and they were having to make dozens of phone calls to try and resolve..??? I guess my question is: I can see what they're seeing and how do I get this title fixed so I don't have to find out at the last minute.. Is there anything (investigation-wise) that I can do?

HomeGuru

Mijo1 said:

Almost 3 years ago, I'd purchased a vacant lot that was foreclosed on through the county for tax forefeiture.

I had a buyer lined up with a singed purchase agreement, but when the closing date was approaching I received a call from his title company saying they were having trouble clearing the title... Citing, many different parties were listed and they were having to make dozens of phone calls to try and resolve..??? I guess my question is: I can see what they're seeing and how do I get this title fixed so I don't have to find out at the last minute.. Is there anything (investigation-wise) that I can do?

**A: hire the attorney that you should have hired before buying the property.

S

seniorjudge

Mijo1 said:

Tax forfeiture deeds are generally worthless.

When you go see the lawyer, take him the current owner search you ordered from the title insurance company.

(Go order it now....)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">