• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help, this is so frustrating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xrockerchickx

About a year and a half ago, my fiance was working for a certain store in south carolina. There was a friend of his brother that worked there and he stole alittle under $1,000. When, being questioned, he claimed that my fiance helped him (which he didn't) and since it was his word against his brother's friend they took him to court anyway and he ended up paying over $1'500 in fines. Today we received a letter from the greer municiple court that he has to go to court for unpaid fines......appearently $400 in amount......is there anything we can do? We live in Texas and there is NO way we can fly to South Carolina to go to court, and he shouldn't have to in the first place since he didn't do it. If anyone could help us out with alittle advice and point us in the right direction it would be great.

Thanks

Oh yeah i almost forgot, is there a statute of limitations on this? they classified it as a misdemeanor....

Last edited:

Happy Trails

xrockerchickx said:
About a year and a half ago, my fiance was working for a certain store in south carolina. There was a friend of his brother that worked there and he stole alittle under $1,000. When, being questioned, he claimed that my fiance helped him (which he didn't) and since it was his word against his brother's friend they took him to court anyway and he ended up paying over $1'500 in fines. Today we received a letter from the greer municiple court that he has to go to court for unpaid fines......appearently $400 in amount......is there anything we can do? We live in Texas and there is NO way we can fly to South Carolina to go to court, and he shouldn't have to in the first place since he didn't do it. If anyone could help us out with alittle advice and point us in the right direction it would be great.

Thanks

Oh yeah i almost forgot, is there a statute of limitations on this? they classified it as a misdemeanor....
Whether or not you think he should have to go or not isn't the problem. He evidently did not pay all the fines that he was suppose to. Now he is being ordered by the court to take care of this situation.

xrockerchickx

i know thats not the problem, we can't afford to fly to south carolina, we cant afford a lawyer, and all the fines WERE paid because a specific amount was set forth by the court and he paid it. Now they want more money? i just don't get it

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">