• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who does the local township government answer to?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noelle333

What is the name of your state? PA

Three state agencies agreed that a stop sign just placed by the township is in violation of their codes. Further, a traffic study was not completed, as required by their own ordinance and PA law. However, the township stated that the ordinance must have been challenged in the timeframe allotted (10 years ago - even though the stop sign was just erected).

These state agencies with all of their rules and regulations governing traffic signs do not have any authority over townships!??? How can this be? Doesn't the township have to answer to someone? Do we vote them in office and they can do anything? This intersection is clearly unsafe now, but the stop sign benefits the President of the Board who lives down the road for which we must stop.

Any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate any help or where I could go to next. Thank you.

S

seniorjudge

noelle333 said:
What is the name of your state? PA

Three state agencies agreed that a stop sign just placed by the township is in violation of their codes. Further, a traffic study was not completed, as required by their own ordinance and PA law. However, the township stated that the ordinance must have been challenged in the timeframe allotted (10 years ago - even though the stop sign was just erected).

These state agencies with all of their rules and regulations governing traffic signs do not have any authority over townships!??? How can this be? Doesn't the township have to answer to someone? Do we vote them in office and they can do anything? This intersection is clearly unsafe now, but the stop sign benefits the President of the Board who lives down the road for which we must stop.

Any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate any help or where I could go to next. Thank you.

Q: Doesn't the township have to answer to someone?

A: Voters.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">