• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about insurance..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wendy Priandani

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Hi..
My Friend lived with me but I hadn't put him on the apartement contract. He cooked egg roll deep friend and the grease suddenly caught on fire. He tried to put it off by pouring water but it made the fire worst. He gut burn on his face and arm. We don't have any renter insurance so I know that my belonging just gone.

My question:
- Is the landlord will be asking us to pay all the damage of the apartement ?

I am really confused please advise. Thanks

Responsibility for damages

Yes, as the tenant you are responsible for all damages caused by your guests while visiting or occupying the landlord's property.

Wendy Priandani

Need More advice

Thanks for the answer

What do you think the best thing i should do next ? should I hire a lawyer ? if I should, what the difference that the lawyer could make ?

Thanks again

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Wendy Priandani said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

Hi..
My Friend lived with me but I hadn't put him on the apartement contract. He cooked egg roll deep friend and the grease suddenly caught on fire. He tried to put it off by pouring water but it made the fire worst. He gut burn on his face and arm. We don't have any renter insurance so I know that my belonging just gone.

My question:
- Is the landlord will be asking us to pay all the damage of the apartement ?

I am really confused please advise. Thanks

My response:

I read your post, and all I can say is "Wow, you are so screwed!"

Not because of your situation, however. It's because of your terrible English grammar and spelling skills!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">