• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance claims for product warrantee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Filterdamage

What is the name of your state? Alabama

While out of state on business I received a call that my downstairs neighbor had water coming into his apartment through the lighting. He went into my apartment (with my urging) and found that the water filter that had been professionally installed under my sink (purchased at one of those mega-home improvement stores) was spewing water out into my kitchen. He was able to get the water turned off - but my floors have buckled due to the water. When I returned home I opened the canister and removed the filter - replaced the canister - and turned on the water - and there is no leak - in fact it has been working without a leak for a month. I contacted the filter company and the manufacturer of the system - who referred me to their insurance claims agency - who told me to take it up with my homeowners insurance. My home owners insurance tells me that if I make a claim for water damage (the industries least favorite claim due to residual problems with mold) that I will not be able to change carriers within three years - no one will pick me up with a water claim on my record. The agent for the filter company said "Go ahead and send me a claim and I will let you know what documents you will have to gather to support it" - obviously trying to dissuade me from submitting a claim against the warrantee. Is this going to be a nightmare to collect for the damages? Is there a way to expedite making the claim and make them do some of the work?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">