• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Coerced into making a False Statement.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CluelessAtLaw

What is the name of your state? PENNSYLVANIA

Coerced into making a False Statement.

What can be done when you are coerced into making a false statement?
I spent gifts cards I found in a Parking Lot and this is what happened to me.

I was interrogated for over three hours at my place of previous employment over something I did not do. I was accused of stealing by Postal Inspectors. I was not permitted a Union Representative in the room with me only two Inspectors and myself. I was not read my rights the proper way and ask if I understood them. I was led to believe a paper I signed was saying who I was not waiving my rights, which I found out later is exactly what it was. They hid the paper under other papers and pulled it out after asking me if I was who I was. They threaten to put me in jail for Thirty years. Then they threaten to pull my children out of school and interrogate them. I was scared to death!
I had no idea what to do. I have never been in trouble before, so I did not know my rights. I sat there and they threaten me and my family for over three hours.

I was so exhausted after all this time I finally ask one of them what do you what me to say and he told me exactly what to say and then made me write it down and sign it.
He actually told me what to write. I know how stupid I sound for doing this but I had no idea what to do, I just wanted out of there. Now I have lost my job I held for 25 years and can’t get other at this time. I can not get unemployment and will probably lose my home. There have been no official charges filed against me yet and I’m just waiting. It’s been over two months.,
I talked to an Attorney and he says go get other job and just wait. Well while I’m waiting I’m losing everything I ever had. This can’t be right. What can I do? I would like to take the Bridge, but can’t do that to my wife and kids. All because I didn’t know I could ask for an attorney and get up and walk out if they weren’t going to charge me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">