• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assignment of Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ukforjohn

What is the name of your state?Georgia
What is the difference between "Assignment of Contract" and "Assumable Mortgage"? I'm trying to sell a property I own and could have already sold it but 3 different people did not qualify. I'm Air Force stationed in the UK and don't have access to a real estate attourney. The clause "ASSIGNMENT: You may assign this Contract to any person or entity. All rights granted to you under the Contract shall apply to any assignee of this Contract" is in my contract. I've searched on the internet and couldn't get a clear overall answer to my question.

HomeGuru

ukforjohn said:
What is the name of your state?Georgia
What is the difference between "Assignment of Contract" and "Assumable Mortgage"? I'm trying to sell a property I own and could have already sold it but 3 different people did not qualify. I'm Air Force stationed in the UK and don't have access to a real estate attourney. The clause "ASSIGNMENT: You may assign this Contract to any person or entity. All rights granted to you under the Contract shall apply to any assignee of this Contract" is in my contract. I've searched on the internet and couldn't get a clear overall answer to my question.

**A: it appears that you did not purchase the property outright (via all cashj or cash to mortgage) but bought via an installment contract. It is that contract that is assignable. A mortgage asumption has nothing to do with an assignment of contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">