• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Heartbroken Gammy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KUTSCHER1969

What is the name of your state?Texas
I have had my grandchildren every weekend and several weekdays for 13 years. My son and daughter-in-law are getting a very nasty divorce and she won't let me see the kids. The younger one is only 3 and he adores me. I need to know where I can go to get help with this. Do I have to get a lawyer? Will I only be spending $ and not getting results? I haven't seen them in 4 months and I am about to lose my mind. They are everything to me. My whole world has collasped. Please help. Also, at this time, my son has supervised visits and we asked if I could go and she said "No, it will traumatize the children" Of course it will, they love and miss me and probably don't know why they haven't seen me.

Last edited:

JETX

KUTSCHER1969 said:
What is the name of your state?TEXAS
I HAVE HAD MY GRANDCHILDREN EVERY WEEKEND AND SEVERAL WEEKDAYS FOR 13 YEARS. MY SON & DAUGHTER-IN-LAW ARE GETTING A VERY NASTY DIVORCE AND SHE WON'T LET ME SEE THE KIDS. THE YOUNGER ONE, IS ONLY 3 AND HE ADORES ME. I NEED TO KNOW WHERE I CAN GO TO GET HELP WITH THIS. DO I HAVE TO GET A LAWYER? WILL I ONLY BE SPENDING $ AND NOT GETTING RESULTS? I HAVEN'T SEEN THEM IN 4 MONTHS AND I AM ABOUT TO LOSE MY MIND. THEY ARE EVERYTHING TO ME. MY WHOLE WORLD HAS COLLASPED. PLEASE HELP
Edit your post to get rid of the all caps, and someone might try to answer.

I agree with the all caps thing, but I'll respond anyway.

I'm going to assume that your son has a temporary visitation schedule. If he does, you can visit the children during his visits.

LdiJ

000 said:
I agree with the all caps thing, but I'll respond anyway.

I'm going to assume that your son has a temporary visitation schedule. If he does, you can visit the children during his visits.
I agree, your son will have his own parenting time rights/visitation rights. You will have to visit on his time. The court will not give you separate time of your own.

I understand that its going to be a major change for you...but unfortunately its the reality of divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">