• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Day Before Escrow

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eric pedroza

California Real Estate Law
One Day Before Escrow Closes My Wife Changed Her Mind And Decided Not To Sell Her Home She Was Very Unhappy With Her Real Estate Realtor, She Felt She Was Not Working On Her Best Interest She Got A Letter From The Real Estate Office And Was Adviced To Get A Lawyer Asap To Pay For Expensses From The Realtor And The Buyer...what Are Some Of The Fees My Wife Has To Pay?....need Help Asap...

Some Random Guy

Read the contract you signed with your realtor (the listing agreement), you may be liable to pay their full commission as if you really sold your house. If the realtor is willing to let you off for just her actual expenses, then they are being very generous.

As for the prospective buyer, read your contract with them. They do have the ability to sue for 'specific performance' if you did not cancel the contract for a valid reason. Once you resolve the situation of stiffing your realtor, ask, them what your chances are for getting sued by the purchaser.

vn288

eric pedroza said:
California Real Estate Law
One Day Before Escrow Closes My Wife Changed Her Mind And Decided Not To Sell Her Home She Was Very Unhappy With Her Real Estate Realtor, She Felt She Was Not Working On Her Best Interest She Got A Letter From The Real Estate Office And Was Adviced To Get A Lawyer Asap To Pay For Expensses From The Realtor And The Buyer...what Are Some Of The Fees My Wife Has To Pay?....need Help Asap...

Ca
Not sure about your realtor commission to be paid but the buyer has every right to sue you for specific performance if they really want the house.And the court will grant one if your reason was just you unhappy with your realtor.
We were in a contract to buy house and on the last day of escrow the seller backs out stating she did not want to sell. It was in escrow for 35 days.
we sued them for specific performance and we did get the judgement for that. So talk to the buyers before u terminate the contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">