• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Midas Do i have any rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Muwim

Texas:

Its 4:35pm 05/14/2005 I pickup the phone book looking for someone to do a front end alignment on my vehicle. I remember all the Midas Commercials on TV offering alignment. The telephone book lists the number 817-284-5885 for North Richland Hills off rufe snow. Mike answers the phone "Midas this is mike how can I help you" Yes Mike, How much do you charge for a front end alignment? What Kind of car? Mike asks me. I tell him it’s a camaro to which he replies. $59.99 + Tax. Then I ask him what time he closes and he says "5:00pm" So I say thank you and leave. I pull up to the Midas located at 6745 RUFE SNOW BOULEVARD WATAUGA, TX 76148. I notice another car pulled into the parking lot behind me (a white jeep Cherokee).
I park my car walk in and notice a gentleman named Rich sitting in the office. He looks up and says can I help you? “Yes I’m here to get my front end aligned"
He says back to me "we are closed" "Closed? I just got off the phone with mike he said you guys close at 5:00pm" "Nope, we have closed at 4:00pm for the last 14 years."
So I pick up the phone call 817-284-5885. Mike answers again. "Midas this is mike how can I help you?" Yah Hi mike where are you guys located? Mike says "7508 GRAPEVINE HIGHWAY
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, TX" “So then I ask if each Midas is independently run and he tells me yes." So I say its 5:45 now if I make it to your shop will you be able to do my alignment?
To which he replies, "Oh gosh no it takes over an hour to do one you would have to have come much earlier today to get it done." So I thank him and get off the phone. I turn back to rich and say can I have the number to your corporate office. "No you can’t have that number I want you to leave?" "Leave, I’m here to give you business I came late and you won’t give me the number to your corporate office?" Rich replies back to me” I have a right to serve who I want and I don’t serve idiots like you" Rich then gets up walks over to my face standing inches away from me" I look at him and say "did you just call me an idiot? "Yah I called you an idiot I told you to leave im not giving you any information, if you don’t leave I’m going to physically push you out the door" So then he says “You stand right their he walks over to his business cards he had sitting on his counter picks them up and moves them to under his counter then he picks up the phone and calls 911 "Yah I have a customer here who wont leave my premises " I said to him, Rich all I’m asking for is the number to cooperate." Forget It I say and walk out the door.

Do I have any rights?

racer72

The guy at Midas has the right to call you an idiot and tell you to leave. You have the right to take your business elsewhere. Nothing in your post even comes close to suggesting you have cause for any legal action, criminal or civil. Move on, there are a lot more things in life more important than getting your panties all twisted up over some guy at a muffler shop.

Castigator

Rich probably is the franchisee, or friends with the franchisee of that particular Midas. If not, he still probably has a vested interest in that business if he is even 'just' the manager.

You called a competitor and scheduled business there not with Rich... presumably in front of Rich.

You then decided to badger Rich.

What would you have called yourself if the roles were reversed? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">