• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do Property Owners gain control of HOA when Land Developer will not let go? Sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kathy Gallman

What is the name of your state? GA
Declarant (builder) has sold 100 % lots to owners but will not release control to owners nor respond to certified letter requesting meeting w/him or management co. The Covenants state he is suppose to have a meeting with us, but has not sent us a notice of meeting.
The only letter he has sent to homeowners was in 12/03 to tell us not to pay our hoa dues until we received invoice from 2nd management co.

Invoice for 1994 & 1995 dues did not go to all homeowners until 12/04. Some homeowners won't pay 'cause they are claiming declarant is not meeting his responsibility. Current management co. states they are not obligated to do anything, but receive our hoa monies. They don't even have to send us an invoice. That is a courtesy.
Current management co. states hands are tied with no money in HOA acct. 119 homeowners. We have pd. as well as others. How can we get builder to meet w/us? Do we need to call a meeting among ourselves? Everybody comes to me to complain, because I instigated a petition which had absolutely 0 results. Thanks for helping me and my neighbors.

Greg 2

Have a paid chat with a RE attorney. You might also contact the state attorney general's office, but I don't know if they get involved with HOA's.

S

seniorjudge

Kathy Gallman said:
What is the name of your state? GA
Declarant (builder) has sold 100 % lots to owners but will not release control to owners nor respond to certified letter requesting meeting w/him or management co. The Covenants state he is suppose to have a meeting with us, but has not sent us a notice of meeting.
The only letter he has sent to homeowners was in 12/03 to tell us not to pay our hoa dues until we received invoice from 2nd management co.

Invoice for 1994 & 1995 dues did not go to all homeowners until 12/04. Some homeowners won't pay 'cause they are claiming declarant is not meeting his responsibility. Current management co. states they are not obligated to do anything, but receive our hoa monies. They don't even have to send us an invoice. That is a courtesy.
Current management co. states hands are tied with no money in HOA acct. 119 homeowners. We have pd. as well as others. How can we get builder to meet w/us? Do we need to call a meeting among ourselves? Everybody comes to me to complain, because I instigated a petition which had absolutely 0 results. Thanks for helping me and my neighbors.

Have a lawyer look over the CCRs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">