• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breaking entering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noone567

What is the name of your state?or
Recently my ex-boyfriend entered my house without my consent and wasnt issued any tickets for attacking me or breaking in and the story went like this
I went outside to turn my car on and had forgotten somthing within my house, I than went inside to get it and left the door open slightly because It was only going to take me a second, my ex-boyfriend showed up and walked right in, grabbed my head and throw me against the wall. I was on the phone with my boyfriend so, he alerted the police right away and by the time they showed up my ex-boyfriend had left, I gave a statement of what had happen to me, but he was charged with nothing. Is there anyway I can fight this and have him be charged for these actions even though it has been a few days?
All there is my statement from the day it happened

Veronica1228

noone567 said:
Recently my ex-boyfriend entered my house without my consent and wasnt issued any tickets for attacking me or breaking in and the story went like this
I went outside to turn my car on and had forgotten somthing within my house, I than went inside to get it and left the door open slightly because It was only going to take me a second, my ex-boyfriend showed up and walked right in, grabbed my head and throw me against the wall. I was on the phone with my boyfriend so, he alerted the police right away and by the time they showed up my ex-boyfriend had left, I gave a statement of what had happen to me, but he was charged with nothing. Is there anyway I can fight this and have him be charged for these actions even though it has been a few days?
What reason did the police give you for not pressing charges?

CdwJava

First, it wasn't "breaking and entering" as the door was open. It might have been some form of trespass in addition to the battery, however.

And as Veronica asked, what do the police say about the matter?

Keep in mind that if it has only been a few days they may not yet have had a chance to talk with the ex-boyfriend to get his side of things. Most DA's want to get all sides before they decide on charges or not. And if there are no witnesses, and he denies even being there or doing anything, it may not be a viable assault case.

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

noone567 said:
You started your car, left your car running, went back inside the apartment, left the door standing open, and then got on the phone. Did your new boyfriend call you or did you call him?

Have you ever filed a charge against your ex-boyfriend before now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">