• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Airline Injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hiknman

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Live in VA, incident occured in PA
I was injured last august on an airline. Strange story, but I was reaching into the overhead compartment and hit my hand at the knuckle on the top of the compartment. I thought I had just bruised it and it would heal quickly and with no trouble. A day later my hand seemed to be feeling worse so that night I go to the emergency room for x-ray and doctor reveals a sewing needle had lodged in my hand. I had to have the needle cut out of my hand and stitched back together, I now have a scar. I reported the injury to the airline and have now accumulated all bills and have turned them in. Thay have been good to work with and are ready to settle. Instead of making an offer they have asked me what I am seeking in damages. He needs me to name a price to figure out if it needs to go beyond him (the in house claims rep). My question is what is reasonable compensation?
Thanks for any help. :)

teflon_jones

Only you can deem what is reasonable since everybody will have their own idea of what's reasonable.

That being said, if it was me, I'd ask for my medical bills plus a very small amount for my troubles. I doubt it's the airlines fault that the needle was there so ultimately they're not really responsible for what happened, though I'd have to know the full facts to say this with certainty.

Has your medical insurance been paying your bills so far? If so, you'll have to reimburse them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">