• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PBJ - if not expunged how does it effect security clearance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skadoo323

MD - a friend i know has a PBJ on his record. his lawyer is trying to get this expunged, but supposedly it is hard to get such a thing expunged from one's record. i think he is in the tech industry and is curious if he never gets this expunged will he never be able to get a security clearance or such? thanks in advance.

enjay

With the exception of drunk driving charges, it's easy to get a PBJ expunged in Maryland. There's a 3 year waiting period, 2 forms, and then it's taken care of within 90 days. If it's a drunk driving charge, your friend is out of luck. Still, a single drunk driving charge will not hinder him from getting a clearance provided he is up front about it.

skadoo323

MD - it is not a drunk driving related charge. if i remember correctly it was theft related. thanks for any help.

skadoo323

So do you think he still has chances of getting this expunged? I would think it would be harder for him to even get a security clearance with a PBJ on his record. I have never worked with security clearances so I wouldn't know. Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">