• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Tresspass charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dunmar

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Colorado.
Around six months ago a police officer moved in next to me and immediatly bought 2 labrador retrievers one of which began to bark at me on a daily basis. I have learned through experience that people who allow there dogs to bark like this usually are not willing to do allot about it so I got proactive. I purchased a device that sends off a sound that dogs do not like but is not harmful to them. I placed it as close to the barking dog as possible, as it has a limited range of 25 ft. We live in a wooded area and there are no fences or markers of any kind. There are two surveyor stakes 200 ft apart that designate the property line but cannot be lined up through line of sight due to all of the trees in the way. He says it was on his property and I say it wasn't. The officer that sighted me for criminal tresspass 3rd degree, took a picture of the device and took it with him for evidence so it would be hard for me to prove my point. It would only be a foot or two either way. Should I get a lawyer for this and what is the usual fine for something like this.
Thanks

dunmar

Crimial Tresspass

arialundefined
dunmar said:
Around six months ago a police officer moved in next to me and immediatly bought 2 labrador retrievers one of which began to bark at me on a daily basis. I have learned through experience that people who allow there dogs to bark like this usually are not willing to do allot about it so I got proactive. I purchased a device that sends off a sound that dogs do not like but is not harmful to them. I placed it as close to the barking dog as possible, as it has a limited range of 25 ft. We live in a wooded area and there are no fences or markers of any kind. There are two surveyor stakes 200 ft apart that designate the property line but cannot be lined up through line of sight due to all of the trees in the way. He says it was on his property and I say it wasn't. The officer that sighted me for criminal tresspass 3rd degree, took a picture of the device and took it with him for evidence so it would be hard for me to prove my point. It would only be a foot or two either way. Should I get a lawyer for this and what is the usual fine for something like this.
Thanks

S

seniorjudge

dunmar said:
Thanks

What was the statute number under which you were cited?

dunmar

Colorado, There is no statute # on the ticket. The carge cat. has a section # 18-4-504 and title criminal tresspass 3rd degree

S

seniorjudge

dunmar said:
Colorado, There is no statute # on the ticket. The carge cat. has a section # 18-4-504 and title criminal tresspass 3rd degree
This looks like 3d degree trespass which is usually just a fine; ask the district attorney the statute number and what the penalties are. If the DA won't tell you, then you will find out from the judge the first time you go to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">