• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can we ask them to get out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Peephouse

What is the name of your state? FL

My husband and I are trying to buy our first home and we've encountered some problems. We found a house that we liked that was being sold through BuyOwner and made an offer, (we are on a budget so our offer was lower than asking price) originally the sellers turned it down. Then the sellers came back and we negotiated a price that was the middle of the road because they liked us and wanted to help us get our first home. We all sat down with a title company from BuyOwner and wrote a contract. The seller is currently building a new house and asked us if we would wait to close on the house till after their home was finished being built. We agreed to wait and we allowed the seller to pick the closing date. On the contract it stated that pending inspections we were to close on or before June 15th. (We signed this contract in early March by the way) My husband and I thought this was generous of us. Two weeks ago the seller called us asking if we could close now and rent the house back to them until their house is finished because it wouldnt be finished by closing date. We were not comfortable with this idea because of insurance/liability reasons and the fact that we have already made arangements to vacate where we currently live, so we said that we would rather stick to the contract and close on June 15th. Now the seller is coming back to us saying that they have 3 other people interested in the house that are willing to wait if we are not serious about buying. We are very serious and have signed the contract with them along with putting down a $2000 deposit. What I want to know is can we legally tell them that we want to close on the contracted date and they have to vacate the house by then? What I am afraid of is that if we tell them that, they will back out and find another buyer. Can they legally do that?

HomeGuru

Peephouse said:

My husband and I are trying to buy our first home and we've encountered some problems. We found a house that we liked that was being sold through BuyOwner and made an offer, (we are on a budget so our offer was lower than asking price) originally the sellers turned it down. Then the sellers came back and we negotiated a price that was the middle of the road because they liked us and wanted to help us get our first home. We all sat down with a title company from BuyOwner and wrote a contract. The seller is currently building a new house and asked us if we would wait to close on the house till after their home was finished being built. We agreed to wait and we allowed the seller to pick the closing date. On the contract it stated that pending inspections we were to close on or before June 15th. (We signed this contract in early March by the way) My husband and I thought this was generous of us. Two weeks ago the seller called us asking if we could close now and rent the house back to them until their house is finished because it wouldnt be finished by closing date. We were not comfortable with this idea because of insurance/liability reasons and the fact that we have already made arangements to vacate where we currently live, so we said that we would rather stick to the contract and close on June 15th. Now the seller is coming back to us saying that they have 3 other people interested in the house that are willing to wait if we are not serious about buying. We are very serious and have signed the contract with them along with putting down a $2000 deposit. What I want to know is can we legally tell them that we want to close on the contracted date and they have to vacate the house by then? What I am afraid of is that if we tell them that, they will back out and find another buyer. Can they legally do that?
**A: hire the attorney that you should have hired before entering into the contract.

S

seniorjudge

Peephouse said:

Y'all have created very serious problems for yourself. Go hire a lawyer today.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">