• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant and injured

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mayce1452

What is the name of your state? New York
From the day we moved into our apartment, January 15, 2005, there had been a problem with the water system in our apartment. The problem being, without adjusting the faucet, there would be great variances in the water temperature, causing scalding water to be dispensed from the shower head.

We alerted the landlord of the situation, and he replied he would fix the problem.
Two weeks later, the situation was not resolved, and we contacted the landlord, offering to fix the problem our self, (roommate is a licensed plumber) and we were instructed not to touch anything as it would cause the warranty to become void on the boiler. Months have passed, and on May 15, 2005, I was showering and experienced yet another blast of scalding hot water. I tried to vacate the shower, and I found my self falling backwards onto the ledge of the bath tub, grabbing the shower curtain and pulling the rod down with me. This was at about 12:15 pm on Friday afternoon.
I was unable to remove my self from the floor of the bathtub, and was forced to sit and wait until 2:50 pm when my boyfriend came home to find me in the bathroom.
Our main concern was our baby, as I am 7 months pregnant so we went to the emergency room for fetal monitoring.
The baby is fine, however, the Doctors noticed my inability to walk with ease yet were reluctant to x-ray my other injuries due to the pregnancy. It has been just about 3 days and things are getting worse. I have suffered injuries to the right side of my body, including my shoulder, back and hip, unable to sit or stand for a long duration of time. We contacted the landlord who then abruptly installed the mixer valve on Saturday May 16. What are my options now since the problem has been fixed?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">