• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new downtown killing my business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spydrman669

What is the name of your state?Vermont
my video store is at the edge of the "new downtown". the construction has been going on for about a year and 1/2 and my business has dried up due to the improper planing for traffic. people have told me when asked that they avoid coming to my store because of the traffic that has been created by that mess. some of the local businesses have already left and I am trying to find a new location also. Can I sue the town for this mess. I went from over $8000 a month to less than $6000. nothing about my store has changed except for the new construction. and no I do not have insurance for loss of income. Who would have guessed that they would do such a bad job of managing the traffic. Many days have gone by that customers come to me and say they thought the road was closed. I have seen myself when the flaggers have not let people go past the signs saying "local traffic only" to get to my and others stores. Help me if you can.

HomeGuru

spydrman669 said:
What is the name of your state?Vermont
my video store is at the edge of the "new downtown". the construction has been going on for about a year and 1/2 and my business has dried up due to the improper planing for traffic. people have told me when asked that they avoid coming to my store because of the traffic that has been created by that mess. some of the local businesses have already left and I am trying to find a new location also. Can I sue the town for this mess. I went from over $8000 a month to less than $6000. nothing about my store has changed except for the new construction. and no I do not have insurance for loss of income. Who would have guessed that they would do such a bad job of managing the traffic. Many days have gone by that customers come to me and say they thought the road was closed. I have seen myself when the flaggers have not let people go past the signs saying "local traffic only" to get to my and others stores. Help me if you can.
**A: no, you can't sue the town. Work with your local politicians. Start an agressive marking and sales program. Try Roadbuster Special- $$$ off a video rental, rent one get one for 1/2, offer extended viewing...........

spydrman669

replyto homeguru

HomeGuru said:
**A: no, you can't sue the town. Work with your local politicians. Start an agressive marking and sales program. Try Roadbuster Special- $$$ off a video rental, rent one get one for 1/2, offer extended viewing...........
I have done that and it doesn't over come the problem of traffic. maybe if I offered everything for free... anyway why can't I sue the town they are the ones who are in control of the flaggers and traffic management. I have tried to speak with the town and they say basically "ahhhh thats too bad" when I call to tell them what their flaggers are doing I am called all but a liar. this is not just eminent domain or anything like it as far as I have been told. nor am I thinking that someone has it in for me. I'm loosing a lot of money each month( week) due to improper planing and execution.

HomeGuru

spydrman669 said:
I have done that and it doesn't over come the problem of traffic. maybe if I offered everything for free... anyway why can't I sue the town they are the ones who are in control of the flaggers and traffic management. I have tried to speak with the town and they say basically "ahhhh thats too bad" when I call to tell them what their flaggers are doing I am called all but a liar. this is not just eminent domain or anything like it as far as I have been told. nor am I thinking that someone has it in for me. I'm loosing a lot of money each month( week) due to improper planing and execution.

**A: are you reading my posts? How many politicians have you sent letters or talked to about this issue? Not a one.

Last edited:

spydrman669

I'm Not lying

directed to homeguru
before you assume that I have not done my work on this please be clear about your facts. I have talked with the town manager, the planning manager, the construction manager, and I am on the downtown association. so before you give any more BAD advise concerning issues you only have limited info about ask questions . and yes I read thru all that I could find about you on this website before I responded the first time. I am a hard worker who does not wish to lose his store I don't need your holier than me attitude.

HomeGuru

spydrman669 said:
directed to homeguru
before you assume that I have not done my work on this please be clear about your facts. I have talked with the town manager, the planning manager, the construction manager, and I am on the downtown association. so before you give any more BAD advise concerning issues you only have limited info about ask questions . and yes I read thru all that I could find about you on this website before I responded the first time. I am a hard worker who does not wish to lose his store I don't need your holier than me attitude.

**A: are you using your brain? The managers that you have referred to are not elected politicians but rather employees.
And be clear about your facts. It is a fact that I give advice not advise.
You may be a hard worker but that is not the same as a hard thinker.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">