• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GIZMO28

Chain Letters

What is the name of your state?ARIZONA

Ok, so maybe I was a little naive. I recently received a "chain letter", which stated that it was completely legal. I followed the instructions, it did not sound like something illegal. After all I would be providing something for the dollars I may receive (which probably never will-but was curious), only to later look up the Postal Laws, which stated that these chain letters are totally illegal. Guess I should have done that prior to sending the letter out to several people. That just because I would be pretty much be added to a mailing list, this is not something of value considered by the US Postal Service. I can not sleep and I am frightened that I could get in trouble for mail fraud. I have not received any monies, however what if I do. Are these letters really illegal and could I be in serious trouble? Please help with any info. you may have. Much Appreciated!

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

GIZMO28 said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?ARIZONA

Ok, so maybe I was a little naive. I recently received a "chain letter", which stated that it was completely legal. I followed the instructions, it did not sound like something illegal. After all I would be providing something for the dollars I may receive (which probably never will-but was curious), only to later look up the Postal Laws, which stated that these chain letters are totally illegal. Guess I should have done that prior to sending the letter out to several people. That just because I would be pretty much be added to a mailing list, this is not something of value considered by the US Postal Service. I can not sleep and I am frightened that I could get in trouble for mail fraud. I have not received any monies, however what if I do. Are these letters really illegal and could I be in serious trouble? Please help with any info. you may have. Much Appreciated!
If they arrested everyone who sent a chain letter, the jails would be overflowing.

HomeGuru

GIZMO28 said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?ARIZONA

**A: if you do get any money donate it to your favorite charity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">