• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought a house cistern not filled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katt5220

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Hello,
My husband and I bought a house 2.5 yrs ago. After we moved in we found that the basement flooded and that there was signifigant damage done to back wall. We paid to have an inspection and we also have an FHA loan. 1.5 yrs after we bought the house the back wall completly collasped. there have been numerous other things wrong with this house most were insignifigant, wiring not up to code and such. Ok my dad had this idea that our cistern may not have been filled, our basement leaks like crazy. We had the walls reinforced and of course the one wall rebuilt, we could not afford to waterproof. So my husband went out and drilled a hole in the cistern cap (concrete) and dropped a pole down to check and see if it was filled, it is not after about 2-3 feet he hit water.
I am trying to find information on regulations or something to see what should have been done, or if there is nothing we can do, other than put out more money to fix it.
Thank you so much,
Katt

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">