• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parent Company Name Obligations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D-LITZ

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I could not decide on the appropriate name for the Title of this post...but it has to do with the Following situation I'm in...So, I'll try to be as specific as I can.

I currently have a business name registered with the State of Pennsylvania, which also assigns me a tax id number. I have to file quarterly weather I make any money or not. Which is fine...but that’s not my issue...I want to start a second company that deals with other things not relating to the first one. In short I want to have two different businesses...but I need them both under my control. I was wondering how businesses use the Parent company and sub-company hierarchy. Meaning...I already have one business name registered with the state...I want to create a second business name to sell other stuff under the new name. Is there a way I can register only one business name for tax purposes but use different names and products for each? I hope I'm making some sort of since here...I have tired going thru the PA open for business web site...but I'm not getting any answers...I have contacted a local business attorney here...but I have not made actual contact with him to get any of these questions answered.

I hope somebody will be able to shed some light.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">