• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Thanks Curt...have more questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kknight

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I live in South Carolina but the charge is in North Carolina...I live near state line. Should I call the company and admit guilt and offer to pay the money back or wait to see if I'm charged first. I am sincerely sorry for this. I had every intention of paying the money back but it was found out before I got a chance to do so. I've contemplated calling the company and admitting guilt and offering to pay the money back but I am afraid if I admit guilt it will damage my defense if I am charged. Please advise me on what you think is the best way to handle this. Thanks!!

O

Obnoxious1

kknight said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I live in South Carolina but the charge is in North Carolina...I live near state line. Should I call the company and admit guilt and offer to pay the money back or wait to see if I'm charged first. I am sincerely sorry for this. I had every intention of paying the money back but it was found out before I got a chance to do so. I've contemplated calling the company and admitting guilt and offering to pay the money back but I am afraid if I admit guilt it will damage my defense if I am charged. Please advise me on what you think is the best way to handle this. Thanks!!
Get an attorney. You will likely make a bigger mess for yourself by trying to do this yourself.

kknight

Tks Obnoxious1...Read on

North Carolina....I plan to get an attorney. Should I get one before charges are made against me? I'm a single parent with no relatives to care for my children so I'm wondering what will happen....for example...will I get time for this? I have no previous record. Should I call the company and admit guilt and pay back or what?

Curt581

kknight said:
North Carolina....I plan to get an attorney. Should I get one before charges are made against me? I'm a single parent with no relatives to care for my children so I'm wondering what will happen....for example...will I get time for this? I have no previous record. Should I call the company and admit guilt and pay back or what?
Start saving up money to pay it back in full.

Call an attorney, so if and when you are charged, the attorney is prepared for it.

Follow your conscience.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">