• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assualt Charges- Need Advice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AnonLegal

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I have a few questions regarding Assualt. First I will tell the quick story.

Let me first describe the guy who assualted me (I know there will be questions if I dont) He was my ex boss, I had a dislike for him at that time. I quit that job and move on. I later contacted his wife because I got along with her, this was around the time of 911 and felt I should do that. This guy was always an ass but I got along better with him at this time. She divorced him and in the process filed a PFA against him.

I stopped talking to her because I got suckered into Testifying 'against' the her / the PFA. I talked to him from then on, but slowly over time I have realized just how bad he is. He is ex Hells Angles, a big racist, bigot, and everything else, he is just FULL of hate.

I've been trying to stay on good terms with him because that is just how I am. I visited his home last week, he was drinking like normally (he's also a drunk) and got Irate (again normal) I yelled over him which is something I dont ever do, but it kept him in line.

Long story short at about 6:30 in the morning the booze kicked in harder, he went outside and did not return. I went out to look for him and found him at the end of his lawn. I went to check on him, and tapped him on the shoulder. He got startled a bit and I laughed at him. That made him mad because he said he was talking to God.

I went to go back inside the house, I heard him mutter something about showing me whats funny. He walked by me fast and went into the house kicking the door. He went into the dining room where I heard him grab something.

I was still in the kitchen, at that time he came flying at me with a knife. He was swinging the knife at me, it was a good 7" blade. I dodged the knife but got cornered in the kitchen between the door and sink. He took the knife to my throat and I grabbed his wrist, I could feel him pushing the knife toward my throat, but not full force, I still held his wrist there in place. After he was done yelling at me asking me if it was funny while he had this knife to my throat he started to let up.

I pushed his hand and knife away and walked out, got my stuff and left. On the way out he was behind me asking me if it was funny, I slammed the door and left. When I got home I reported it to the Police but I did not press any charges and I made it a point I did not want him to be aware of my phone call.

My questions are this.

1. Do I have a case against him?
2. If yes, what would the outcome be if I won?
3. What is the Statute of Limitations on me pressing charges?
4. Any other advice is welcome.

Thanks for your time.

AnonLegal

I think I may have put this in the wrong section, sorry about that. Would a moderator please move it to the correct section? Thanks.

And on another note, this has caused me a lot of stress, is he somehow liable for this as well?

S

seniorjudge

AnonLegal said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I have a few questions regarding Assualt. First I will tell the quick story.

Let me first describe the guy who assualted me (I know there will be questions if I dont) He was my ex boss, I had a dislike for him at that time. I quit that job and move on. I later contacted his wife because I got along with her, this was around the time of 911 and felt I should do that. This guy was always an ass but I got along better with him at this time. She divorced him and in the process filed a PFA against him.

I stopped talking to her because I got suckered into Testifying 'against' the her / the PFA. I talked to him from then on, but slowly over time I have realized just how bad he is. He is ex Hells Angles, a big racist, bigot, and everything else, he is just FULL of hate.

I've been trying to stay on good terms with him because that is just how I am. I visited his home last week, he was drinking like normally (he's also a drunk) and got Irate (again normal) I yelled over him which is something I dont ever do, but it kept him in line.

Long story short at about 6:30 in the morning the booze kicked in harder, he went outside and did not return. I went out to look for him and found him at the end of his lawn. I went to check on him, and tapped him on the shoulder. He got startled a bit and I laughed at him. That made him mad because he said he was talking to God.

I went to go back inside the house, I heard him mutter something about showing me whats funny. He walked by me fast and went into the house kicking the door. He went into the dining room where I heard him grab something.

I was still in the kitchen, at that time he came flying at me with a knife. He was swinging the knife at me, it was a good 7" blade. I dodged the knife but got cornered in the kitchen between the door and sink. He took the knife to my throat and I grabbed his wrist, I could feel him pushing the knife toward my throat, but not full force, I still held his wrist there in place. After he was done yelling at me asking me if it was funny while he had this knife to my throat he started to let up.

I pushed his hand and knife away and walked out, got my stuff and left. On the way out he was behind me asking me if it was funny, I slammed the door and left. When I got home I reported it to the Police but I did not press any charges and I made it a point I did not want him to be aware of my phone call.

My questions are this.

1. Do I have a case against him?
2. If yes, what would the outcome be if I won?
3. What is the Statute of Limitations on me pressing charges?
4. Any other advice is welcome.

Thanks for your time.

In these bar-room brawls, the cops usually arrest everyone and let the judge sort it out.

If you want to sue him civilly, get about $10K together and hire a lawyer to sue the guy. See what happens.

AnonLegal

Yeah I dont have 10K and he's not worth it. Also this happened in his house, so... The thing I am worried about the most is that this guy is pretty crazy in the head, he may injur somebody. He has talked about how it would not bother him to kill his neighbor.

I hope the cops keep an eye out on him, as for me I am buying a gun.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">