• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US Postal Mail Manipulation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

caitlyn

What is the name of your state? IL

Up until May 1st, I was living with two roommates, one of which was very nasty and did not seem to like myself or our other roommate. About mid April, my nice roommate and I found that we were not receiving any mail. This continued for several weeks and after further investigation, was discovered that our bitter former third was indeed the culpret behind the mail forwarding. My question is, is this illegal? Isn't it a federal offense to knowingly tamper with someone's mail? Is there any recourse we can take?

S

seniorjudge

caitlyn said:
What is the name of your state? IL

Up until May 1st, I was living with two roommates, one of which was very nasty and did not seem to like myself or our other roommate. About mid April, my nice roommate and I found that we were not receiving any mail. This continued for several weeks and after further investigation, was discovered that our bitter former third was indeed the culpret behind the mail forwarding. My question is, is this illegal? Isn't it a federal offense to knowingly tamper with someone's mail? Is there any recourse we can take?
Contact the postal inspector.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">