• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet Relationship Beginnings For My Friend...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Magistrate

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Oregon is my friend's state.

Hello all,

My friend has been wondering about a current situation of his and I want to help him. I am in a hurry today so I will attempt to be as brief as possible.

Okay, here is how it began...

My friend in Oregon, age 21, met a Californian girl, age 16, online, via Yahoo! Instant Messenger, as he was searching for a new online friend, and now he and the girl are dating, in fact for the the past two months, March, April, and now through the beginning of May, the year 2005, they have been talking on the phone to each other, and have been officially dating over the internet.

My friend wants to know if phone sex is illegal, and what actions, sexual or not, are illegal for him to initiate, and for his girlfriend to initiate anything. What is legal and what is illegal? May this situation for my friend jeopordize him legally, and if so, how exactly does it jeopordize him if he does at least one specific action towards his girlfriend, if any? Should I worry or do something to help my friend if this may appear to be a related pedophile case, even if it takes place online? Please help me, I do not want him to get in any legal trouble with the law, California, Oregon, or otherwise. Please direct me to the appropriate resources currently available that pertains to my friend's possible reccomended predicaments. Thank you all very much for any input. I will be back eventually to read your posts, if any.

CdwJava

Magistrate said:
and now through the beginning of May, the year 2005, they have been talking on the phone to each other, and have been officially dating over the internet.
"Officially"? What, they give certificates out for dating now?

I HAVE been married too long!

Seriously, they are NOT dating. They are chatting. Online and via phone, they are chatting. This is not criminal, though it could be if her parents decide they don't want him chatting with her and they seek a restraining order or pursue any other charges that might be applicable.

My friend wants to know if phone sex is illegal, and what actions, sexual or not, are illegal for him to initiate, and for his girlfriend to initiate anything. What is legal and what is illegal?
Making lewd and lascivious remarks to a minor is likely to land him in jail. If her parents overhear it, or she gets mad at him and relates their conversations (or, they do it in chat and it's all archived for police retrieval), then he can be in a heap of trouble.

A good rule of thumb is, "If I have to ask,don't do it!" It's usually common sense trying to speak up and outrun the blood racing south.

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

Magistrate said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Oregon is my friend's state.

Hello all,

My friend has been wondering about a current situation of his and I want to help him. I am in a hurry today so I will attempt to be as brief as possible.

Okay, here is how it began...

My friend in Oregon, age 21, met a Californian girl, age 16, online, via Yahoo! Instant Messenger, as he was searching for a new online friend, and now he and the girl are dating, in fact for the the past two months, March, April, and now through the beginning of May, the year 2005, they have been talking on the phone to each other, and have been officially dating over the internet.

My friend wants to know if phone sex is illegal, and what actions, sexual or not, are illegal for him to initiate, and for his girlfriend to initiate anything. What is legal and what is illegal? May this situation for my friend jeopordize him legally, and if so, how exactly does it jeopordize him if he does at least one specific action towards his girlfriend, if any? Should I worry or do something to help my friend if this may appear to be a related pedophile case, even if it takes place online? Please help me, I do not want him to get in any legal trouble with the law, California, Oregon, or otherwise. Please direct me to the appropriate resources currently available that pertains to my friend's possible reccomended predicaments. Thank you all very much for any input. I will be back eventually to read your posts, if any.

Yeah, right: "your friend"!

SEX WITH CHILDREN STANDARD ANSWER

“If you have to ask whether it's legal or not, then regardless of whether the answer is yes or no, it's a very, very bad idea.” --cbg

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=222394

http://www.ageofconsent.com/
I can’t guarantee that this info is correct.

There are thousands of questions similar to yours on this forum; thus I have prepared this standard answer.

Stand by for further responses.

From MSNBC.com

Moms Arrested For Allegedly Condoning Sex Offender Relationship
WVIT-TV

LITCHFIELDConn. - Two women have been arrested for allegedly allowing a sexual relationship between their children.

State police arrested the two mothers Tuesday, accusing them of condoning a relationship between a 14-year-old girl and a 24-year-old man.

State police arrested Lorraine Pereira, 42, in Torrington, Conn., the mother of a 24-year-old convicted sex offender. She was charged with risk of injury to a minor and is now out on a $5,000 bond.

Pereira is the mother of Nathaniel Pereira, a twice-convicted sex offender ordered on two prior occasions by a judge to stay away from underage girls. Pereira was taken into state custody last month.

Police have charged a 32-year-old Goshen woman, the mother of the 14-year-old girl, with risk of injury to a minor.

According to the arrest warrant, Nathaniel Pereira spent several nights with the young girl in a motel room in Goshen, Conn., and his home in Torrington, where he lived with his mother.

"This is a sensitive investigation. It involves a young female and therefore we're doing everything we can to protect that female's identity," said State Police Sgt. Paul Vance.

S

seniorjudge

CdwJava said:
Yeah - I really hate it when friends can't copy the URL and post their OWN questions! :D

- Carl
All this is anonymous anyway. Why can't these people just say, "I want to have sex with a child", or whatever?

rmet4nzkx

BTW internet crime is a federal offense because it is interstate, you could be getting a visit from the Men in Black :eek: Who knows who is on the other side?????

S

seniorjudge

rmet4nzkx said:
BTW internet crime is a federal offense because it is interstate, you could be getting a visit from the Men in Black :eek: Who knows who is on the other side?????
Maybe he's afraid someone will start throwing food at him.

O

Obnoxious1

seniorjudge said:
Maybe he's afraid someone will start throwing food at him.

Another food fight!

Rmet, they are not monitoring us through our computers, it's through our TVs :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">