• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

any wrong doing (please help)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pcxetna1271

What is the name of your state?Minnesota

Here is the situation, I own a house with my name on it. My father and step-mom wants her name on the title, so they ask me for the( PA) purchase agreement, and all the other paper work. I refuse to give it to them because it's none of their business. Here is the twist of the story. They went to the broker of the company that did the transition for me and ask for all my paper work,( by the way the broker is my dad's step son). Now here is my question.By giving my information to my parents without my permission, do that broker have legal rights to pull my information like that? Is there any such law to protect me? Can I sue that broker for giving my information out? Who can I contact to report such a crime? I feel violated. Please help anybody with info.

PghREA

pcxetna1271 said:
What is the name of your state?Minnesota

Here is the situation, I own a house with my name on it. My father and step-mom wants her name on the title, so they ask me for the( PA) purchase agreement, and all the other paper work. I refuse to give it to them because it's none of their business. Here is the twist of the story. They went to the broker of the company that did the transition for me and ask for all my paper work,( by the way the broker is my dad's step son). Now here is my question.By giving my information to my parents without my permission, do that broker have legal rights to pull my information like that? Is there any such law to protect me? Can I sue that broker for giving my information out? Who can I contact to report such a crime? I feel violated. Please help anybody with info.
If you already own the house, why does your Stepmother's name need to on the title?

If you are the only person on the purchase agreement then there is no reason for anyone else to have a copy of the agreement except for the lender and the title company.

Just because your dad asked for a copy from his broker stepson, does not mean that the broker stepson gave it to him.

I just saw your original post on adding Stepmom to the title - for $6,000 (dumb move IMO). Why don't you just promise to pay her back in a specific amount of time. Make sure you have paperwork with amounts and a time period that you will adhere to.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">