• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

baffled that i was even given a summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beellete

What is the name of your state? New York

I was participating in a school lacrosse game at a rival school and it was halftime. I asked my coach if I could go to the porta potty acrosse the field and he said no, and just to go by the fence by our sideline. So feeling a little uncomfortable about going to the bathroom practically in the open I got some of my teammates to form a wall around me and two other teammates who had to urinate. We proceeded to urinate, and unknown to me a neighbor who lives at the bottom of a hill that joins the field at the fence, reported us, and since the only number he could remember was mine, i was the only one given a summons, and now have to see a judge in the town where I played the game and answer charges of indecent exposure. If anyone has any advice or knows of cases that could act as a precedent I'd love some help. For example theres the issue of my coach telling me not to go to the portapotty and use the fence which resulted in me having to go to court, so i'm wondering if there are any precendents in court cases where someone has gotten off because they were a subordinate and just following orders because they feared possible ramifications if they didn't.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I had a long response for you, and as soon as I pressed "reply", YOU DELETED your original post!!

Suffice it to say, I'm not retyping it, and you're on your own.

Hopefully, this will teach you NOT to delete your posts, but to merely "edit" them.

IAAL

I would have been interested in that, you always have such entertaining replies. By the way, What's with all the kids having to pee all the time?

beellete

addition

Yeah sorry about deleting the original post, I'm new to this site, scrambling for some help. I thought it was in the wrong section and basically I tried to move it and thought i had to delete first. Any help you can give me would be great but I do feel bad that you typed out a long response for nothing, sorry bout that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">