• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Address for starting a LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vega95

What is the name of your state? OH
We are planning to start a LLC in the state of Ohio. Registration forms for that require us to provide a physical address.
We are concerned that if we provide our home address as the physical location, that home may be exposed to liabilities. We know that any bank account from which a check is written for business purpose, can in theory be held accountable for the LLC and it's funds are exposed to the "liability".
If I provide my home address during LLC registration, is my home also similarly exposed and vulnerable?

Appreciate the responses.
Thanks,
--Abhi

Address issues

Occupation of a physical address does not automatically indicate ownership of the address by the entity. You may have to get a business license for the LLC for the city where the address is located.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">