• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spliting Equity From

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hookup

What is the name of your state? CA

STATE CA.

MY WIFE AND ME RE-FINANCE THE HOUSE AND PAID ALL ARE BILLS. WE STILL HAVE EQUITY IN THE HOME. SHE WANTS TO STAY IN THE HOUSE. DO I HAVE RIGHTS TO WHAT EQUITY THAT IS LEFT IN THE HOME? HOW DOES SHE TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THE HOUSE.

She has to refinance in her name alone, you sign a quit claim deed and she pays you your half of the equity.
Are you divorcing or planning on staying married? If it's divorce, you should have an attorney.

hookup

000 said:
She has to refinance in her name alone, you sign a quit claim deed and she pays you your half of the equity.
Are you divorcing or planning on staying married? If it's divorce, you should have an attorney.
I AM DIVORCING MY WIFE. WHAT SHOULD BE MY MAIN CONCERN DEALING WITH THE PROPERTY?

When I got a divorce my x decided he wanted to keep the house. I didn't care, that was fine with me. I live in a community property state and I knew I was entitled to half of the equity. He refinanced the house in his name alone and I signed over a quit claim deed. The title company then gave me a check for one-half of the equity minus costs. I was a happy camper. I was then able to put that money down on a nicer house in a nicer neighborhood far enough away from him.

That's exactly what needs to happen in your case. Well, you don't have to buy another house. You can do what you want to with the money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">