• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SadGram

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bsabon

What is the name of your state? California I was wondering is there a way.I could get the rights to see my grandaughters.The parents seem to think i can only see them at there convience.I dont want to see them only when they feel like its ok with them.thank-u.When i frist came to the site.I didnt realize there were so many with the same problem.thanks so much and god bless all who even have to go through something like this.sadGram

LdiJ

bsabon said:
What is the name of your state? California I was wondering is there a way.I could get the rights to see my grandaughters.The parents seem to think i can only see them at there convience.I dont want to see them only when they feel like its ok with them.thank-u.When i frist came to the site.I didnt realize there were so many with the same problem.thanks so much and god bless all who even have to go through something like this.sadGram
If you have a ton of money and you want to spend it on an attorney...then you can certainly sue for grandparent visitation rights. However, its going to cost you a ton, you have less than a 50% chance of winning...maybe even less than 25% in CA.....and if you do win, you will be lucky if you get one day a month court ordered. You can expect the case to cost you a MINIMUM of 5k, and likely more like 10-15k...or even higher. You can expect that before its over the parents are going to hate your guts....and you will never have a normal relationship with them again.

You need to realize something. Its NORMAL for grandparents to only be able to see their grandchildren when its ok with the children's parents. They are THEIR kids....they have a life, and a schedule, and plans of their own.

While I understand legally that it is hard for grandparents to obtain
legal visitation I don't understand why it seems to come to that a lot nowadays. We moved this past year 2000+ miles away from both sets of my childrens grandparents. I worried about how hard it would be on children but figured since economically it was best and the medical care for my oldest would be better it was worth the move. Now amost a year later we are looking into relocating back home. My children miss their grandparents soo much. In a week I am flying back for 6 weeks because I can't handle seeing their sad little faces when they want there grandma and grandpa and nanny and papa. We are trying everything in our power to find my husband a job there and I am going to go back to work so we can afford to live there. I thought my kids needed me at home more than they needed weekly visits with their grandparents. How wrong I was. Family is important to children. It is their safety net and there stability. I thank God every day for the added love my children recieve from there grandparents. Never again will I take my children away from them. I wish every parent out their could realize that. It has been a tough lesson for us and daily I fight the guilt of hurting my children for moving them away from the grandparents.

To the poster: Offer to watch the grandkids if the parents want to go grocery shopping without kids or want a night out. Make it known that you would love to babysit if they need it. Make yourself open and ready to be their hopefully when the parents see this they will come around. Good luck and for now just love your grandbabies to the best of your abilities.

bsabon said:
You are already receiving visitation. Should you start demanding more, the parents could cut you off altogether and they are within their legal rights to do so.
You would have absoultely no chance in court for visitation. Cooperate with the parents and don't get greedy.

Should you want actual legal advice, you need to consult with a family law attorney experienced with grandparent's visitation issues. I'll bet you $10 he/she will tell you exactly what I just told you.

bsabon

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?postid=970548#post970548
Posted by: 000

:) Hello i dont know the reason you have the idea im seeing my grandaughters.Im not seeing them.Only when the parents want to go somewhere.If that was the case there would b no reason for me to find out my rights.I want just to visit them on a basis.Once a week every other week ect.The reason im not seeing them is a punishment iv done for not doing what one of the parents wanted me to.just wanted to find out my rights.And i know as of this moment that word BUT is no different than IF Thanks 4 ur concern.Theres alot more to the story but im a honest person and i just like to do things the right way.Its like my mother used to say
You'll see !! and everytime she said that for whatever reason it was.One of us children did *See* Have a nice day SadGram...
:)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The parents are allowed to decide who has contact with their children. As LDi said, you'd likely only get a day a month if you took it to court - and I can guarantee that the parents will not give you a second more if you drag them to court. A wiser strategy would be to play by the parents' rules and make nice with them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">