• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice and/or assistance ASAP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DevilsAdvocate

I am a resident in Arizona and recently fell victim to a Internet Check Cashing Scam that left me $20,000 in debt to my bank. Now my bank is harrassing me, and demanding their money. they also cancelled all of my bank accounts with them and eben my wifes seperate accounts. They deposited a government check of mine that was direct deposited every week, into an unauthorized account without approval and kicked us out of the bank. 9as customers). My family and I have never been treated more disrespectful and embarrassed. We were humilitaed and have never had any problems with our bank in several years. (Since we opened the accounts, we have been good customers).
Their lawyer is calling my home and cell phone making demands. What do I do? I was a victim in this scam and am being treated like I frauded them. I did not fraud them, I had no prior knowledge nor did I willingly agree to commit fraud. I did not even get the money or spend any of it. It was sent to the scammers and about $5k was kept by the bank.
The other problem I have is that the bank informed me ( I have the conversation recorded) that they were aware that it was probably a fraudulent check from the beginning and were watching my every move. Then why didnt they verify the funds or approach me with the concern. It would be a concern to me as well!!
Somebody that is aggressive, please help me. I have to have some rights!
If the bank claims the money on their insurance (which we know they did) can they make me pay it? Is it against the law to be paid twice on a claim?? Once by the Insurance Department and the other by me?

Desperatly in Need of legal advice!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">