• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non Renewal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

male

I live in San Diego, CA and have had insurance with the same company for the past 7 years. Now they send me a non-renewal stating that my house is close to brushes. Their requirement is 1250ft !!! distance between house and brush. (Find a house in CA that meets that requirement). They just realized this after 7 years. My immidiate neighbors have insurance through the same company. Their houses are closer to the brush than mine, but they got to renew.

Anyway, now I am searching for a new HOI. The requirement of most companies is 200ft distance between brush and house. Mine is about 120 to 150ft. What can I do, if no one insures me?

claimlaw

male said:
What can I do, if no one insures me?
Move.

Or, in the case of a mortgage; your home WILL be insured to the extent of the mortgage liability at 3-5 times the normal premium, the premium will be added to your payment, you will pay it faithfully or face foreclosure, AND the new policy[forced coverage] will not cover your personal property and contents or Additional Living Expenses/Fair Rental Value/Loss of Use....

Claimlaw

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">