• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

chances of getting custody???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nanan

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA
My grandson is almost 3 years old. His parents are divorced and I believe his father would allow me custody.. He does not live in CA. My daughter has been involved with a gang member that has warrants for his arrest. Since she sleeps all day and stays up all night I believe she is using drugs. Everyone keeps saying CPS but when I talked to them they advised me they will contact her and let her know she is being investigated. She will take my grandson and leave, taking away the only stability ( my husband and myself ) the child has. We have had our grandson for the last 3 weeks, my daughter calls to see how he is and has come over to visit with him once for about 30 min. But I know she will decide she wants to take him back soon. The people who hang out at the house she has are not reputable and I worry about his safety. The water was turned off due to non-payment and they have turned it back on. Is there any way I can proceed without her being able to run with the little guy. She would do it just to be spiteful. She has withheld his visiting with us unless we paid her. I know at this time she is partying quite a bit and may leave him with us for a longer period but I don't want him to have to go back to the environment over there. I was told it is none of my business that he plays with a 9mm pellet gun. The response to my questioning the toy (??) was "it's not loaded so don't get in a huff"
I know this is a long posting but I did not even get into a lot of the things going on over there.. Help me Please!!!!

LdiJ

nanan said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA
My grandson is almost 3 years old. His parents are divorced and I believe his father would allow me custody.. He does not live in CA. My daughter has been involved with a gang member that has warrants for his arrest. Since she sleeps all day and stays up all night I believe she is using drugs. Everyone keeps saying CPS but when I talked to them they advised me they will contact her and let her know she is being investigated. She will take my grandson and leave, taking away the only stability ( my husband and myself ) the child has. We have had our grandson for the last 3 weeks, my daughter calls to see how he is and has come over to visit with him once for about 30 min. But I know she will decide she wants to take him back soon. The people who hang out at the house she has are not reputable and I worry about his safety. The water was turned off due to non-payment and they have turned it back on. Is there any way I can proceed without her being able to run with the little guy. She would do it just to be spiteful. She has withheld his visiting with us unless we paid her. I know at this time she is partying quite a bit and may leave him with us for a longer period but I don't want him to have to go back to the environment over there. I was told it is none of my business that he plays with a 9mm pellet gun. The response to my questioning the toy (??) was "it's not loaded so don't get in a huff"
I know this is a long posting but I did not even get into a lot of the things going on over there.. Help me Please!!!!
I very sincerely understand your concerns. However, there honestly is no real way you can do anything without her knowledge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">