• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Our quiet community needs help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

enoughisenough

GaraondWhat is the name of your state?Illinois

I have been a homeowner with other neighbors in our subdivision for about seven years. In the past year we have had many realtors buying up houses and renting them out and we have a 50% owner occupied ratio now due to the high crime and run down neighborhood.

We do not have an association but what options do we have? We are holding meetings and don't want to move, but can't get ahead of this madness. Recently, a couple of the realtors approached my neighbors and asked them if they wanted to sell because they bought the house across the street and turned it into a rental.

Since then we all have joined a community watch group and sit back and watch the police arrest various renters on a regular basis. It is sad and aggravating. What rights do we have without impossing on the rights of those families who truly need help with these subsidized programs too? :mad:

S

seniorjudge

enoughisenough said:
GaraondWhat is the name of your state?Illinois

I have been a homeowner with other neighbors in our subdivision for about seven years. In the past year we have had many realtors buying up houses and renting them out and we have a 50% owner occupied ratio now due to the high crime and run down neighborhood.

We do not have an association but what options do we have? We are holding meetings and don't want to move, but can't get ahead of this madness. Recently, a couple of the realtors approached my neighbors and asked them if they wanted to sell because they bought the house across the street and turned it into a rental.

Since then we all have joined a community watch group and sit back and watch the police arrest various renters on a regular basis. It is sad and aggravating. What rights do we have without impossing on the rights of those families who truly need help with these subsidized programs too? :mad:

What do you want the outcome to be here?

enoughisenough

Some one asked what would be like the outcome to be?

seniorjudge said:
What do you want the outcome to be here?
This is a very good question. I would like to know what regulatory agencies protecgt us homeowners who where minding their business for seven years only to find that local realtors keep buy and selling these houses out as rental and some under the section 8 program. I think the program is great if it is used properly. But to have an absente landlord or neighbors while the weeds and grass grow high. Children left home alone and seeing neighbors while scared and need food, I would like to talk to someone who looks out for our rights if both parties who chose to move into the neighborhood as landlord and tenant doesn't comply or work together to keep our community up the finest standards that we have with our Pride of Ownership.

If the subsidized housing has been approved by our city officials, and our realtors are allowed to buy up and profit like a monoply around us, Do we have a council of sort that protects existing homeowners who are slowly getting squeezed out by these new rulings? :(

enoughisenough

The Association Approach Is What Is Coming Next

HomeGuru said:
Are there any recorded CC&R's that would help in forming a HOA?
We have a nice network of professionals in our group who are uncovering things each day. This may take us time, and patience, but it is beyond me that we have no say so...No stone shall go unturned.

jnazareno

have you spoken with city official's about this problem ?
they love to talk to you specially if your a voter ....
voter get's better response than non-voters from politicians.

HomeGuru

enoughisenough said:
We have a nice network of professionals in our group who are uncovering things each day. This may take us time, and patience, but it is beyond me that we have no say so...No stone shall go unturned.

**A: look at your title report.

S

seniorjudge

enoughisenough said:
So basically, what you want is people of color and people of poverty to stay out of your neighborhood.

Is that correct?

enoughisenough

Let's stay focused on this subject please

First let me preface this by saying this is not a racial or poverty issue. Quiet the contrary. Truth be known I am a minority so this is not the issue. The issue is "Pride of Ownership".

I have started various lending divisions over the years and am quite aware of some of the "Creative Financing" options available. We have been in touch with our city council and are very proactive.

What I need help with is from the Realtors aspect. If they get the ability to buy and sell before the public does and then change our neighborhood without our knowledge and go door to door soliciting sales without owners approaching them, then I can see this as a silent monopoly that I don't appreciate as a homeowner.

Also, in our lending world there are quidelines as to how many houses and or $$$ amounts to reach. This doesn't stop them from getting other's involved as well. I just want to see our neighborhood hold the same "Pride of ownership" as it has, verses blinds hanging off of windows, paint peeling on houses, higher police crimes (visible) putting our kids at risk. That is not discrimination, but wanting to take control of our community again. Especially when the realtor's live almost 20 miles away in a nice quiety subdivision of their own.

I hope this adds better clarity. We need people who are part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Thanks.

S

seniorjudge

enoughisenough said:
First let me preface this by saying this is not a racial or poverty issue. Quiet the contrary. Truth be known I am a minority so this is not the issue. The issue is "Pride of Ownership".

I have started various lending divisions over the years and am quite aware of some of the "Creative Financing" options available. We have been in touch with our city council and are very proactive.

What I need help with is from the Realtors aspect. If they get the ability to buy and sell before the public does and then change our neighborhood without our knowledge and go door to door soliciting sales without owners approaching them, then I can see this as a silent monopoly that I don't appreciate as a homeowner.

Also, in our lending world there are quidelines as to how many houses and or $$$ amounts to reach. This doesn't stop them from getting other's involved as well. I just want to see our neighborhood hold the same "Pride of ownership" as it has, verses blinds hanging off of windows, paint peeling on houses, higher police crimes (visible) putting our kids at risk. That is not discrimination, but wanting to take control of our community again. Especially when the realtor's live almost 20 miles away in a nice quiety subdivision of their own.

I hope this adds better clarity. We need people who are part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Thanks.

It's called the free market.

Competition.

You will have to come up with something better to sell the public.

From the facts outlined in your post, no one has done anything wrong.

You can't legislate this stuff: it has to be a market decision.

enoughisenough

Dear Senior

Again, thanks to you both for the insight. I think we both know what is happening here. This is not the forum I was looking into for positive solutions. I am a true believer in free enterprise. Again, this topic keeps going off course.

So having said all this, I do appreciate all the help. Yes, I look at Titles all day long, that is not where the solution is. I know what needs to be done beyond this point, and I hope and pray something like this doesn't show up in your neighborhoods.

Good Luck to us all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">