• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

JAIL! Who really knows about it!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magistrate

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oregon.

Hello everone,

I do not know and do not care if you remember me, however I want to ask a stupid question in a stupid place, since I do not know where this question may "officially" belong on this forum, however here is my question nonetheless...

What is jail really like in the state of Oregon? AND/OR What is jail really like in general?

I know it may sound like a "stupid" question, but I ask because I saw on something like the Discovery Channel a documentary looking inside a county jail, specifically for the mentally disturbed, NOT MENTALLY INSANE! I mean, as far as I could tell, from the documentary and the inmate's point of views and opinions, THEY ARE SANE, however committed crimes and the populace is thus mixed with reasonable SANE and SOME with specific DISABILITIES. For example, one of the inmates was so SANE and HIGHLY INTELLIGENT, ex-car salesman, yeah, go figure, anywho, he managed to convince the jail staff, AND the jail counselor, to let him go ahead of his release date, by forging some forms, talking around, and so forth. However, some of the inmates need help on a daily basis, and some still need help reading, because they can not read and so forth past an elementary level. So, yeah, it sounds like a mix of inmates to me. Some are as mean as those in PRISON, however, and they are locked up in a special block, at the same jail, so...please let me know if this all sounds adequate to you, to tell me, to give me an answer please. I want to know if this sounds legitimate, if this is what I would go to, if I went to jail, or something like it, I mean, this does sound like a special facility, however are most jails like this, especially in Oregon, because I can assume PRISON is worse, is that correct too? In fact, the jail looked kind of nice, I mean, think about it, you commit a petty crime, end up five years in a "nice place", a "nice jail cell", with food, clothes, people who "take care of you", and so forth. So, what is exactly accurate to my answer? Please let me know. Thank you all very much.

Magistrate

Okay, well

Oregon, United States!

Well, no, they didn't say, talk, including the inmates, anything about "anal rape action", as you so "amusingly" put it, people.

However, I have heard stories about that, and, tell me if this sounds stupid, and it probably is, but, I mean, don't, wouldn't the guards do anything, and does MALE TO MALE ANAL RAPE DROPPING THE SOAP IS A BAD IDEA IN PRISONS AND/OR JAILS hocus pocus scare stories anyway? I mean, isn't jail supposed to be more "comfortable" than prison? What say you guys, or girls? Please tell me, I want to know the truth, from someone who ACTUALLY KNOWS SERIOUSLY. Please tell me anything you can, no more jokes about this, I want to know what it's really like in jail, especially in Oregon, please tell me.

By the way, Oregon is one of the few states where law is more "relaxed", I mean, the closest and "only" FBI "real law center operations joint" is Salem, Portland, and such, and not too many big cities exhibit that kind of "law power" any way, I mean I've been to Portland, people, even law enforcement does not do much, unless something really, REALLY serious happens, like a bank being robbed, or something.

cmorris

Go to the "bad" side of town and interview some people. I imagine most of the people here haven't been to jail or prison.

Magistrate

Okay, well, bite on this then

Hey cmorris, and to whomever feels like this "personal statement" is directed at...

Ahem, okay, cmorris, you are most likely correct, by "saying" that, "most of the people here haven't been to jail or prison". Okay, so, what are you saying exactly? That most people here are snotty, tow-faced, pompous liars who like to sound all big and full of themselves of hot air, pride, and what other feelings they conjure?

Because...it DOES sound to me, in my humble opinion, SOME people here, who shall remain nameless, do not know exactly what they are talking about and like to sound like mediocracy, common-United-States-style-society-stereotypes, like saying and maybe believing things like, "Bill Gates is evil! President Bush is evil! Lawyers are evil!", and so forth, the same kind of people who see media, who believe all of it, who believe the lies, because you know, not all lawyers are "evil", Bill Gates DOES have a family, which means, someone loves him, or she was drugged, I apologize, bad joke, and Bush IS keeping this country together, WITHOUT the help of his "hidden cabinet" for all you "conspiracy" nuts...

cmorris

Magistrate said:
Hey cmorris, and to whomever feels like this "personal statement" is directed at...

Ahem, okay, cmorris, you are most likely correct, by "saying" that, "most of the people here haven't been to jail or prison". Okay, so, what are you saying exactly? That most people here are snotty, tow-faced, pompous liars who like to sound all big and full of themselves of hot air, pride, and what other feelings they conjure?

Because...it DOES sound to me, in my humble opinion, SOME people here, who shall remain nameless, do not know exactly what they are talking about and like to sound like mediocracy, common-United-States-style-society-stereotypes, like saying and maybe believing things like, "Bill Gates is evil! President Bush is evil! Lawyers are evil!", and so forth, the same kind of people who see media, who believe all of it, who believe the lies, because you know, not all lawyers are "evil", Bill Gates DOES have a family, which means, someone loves him, or she was drugged, I apologize, bad joke, and Bush IS keeping this country together, WITHOUT the help of his "hidden cabinet" for all you "conspiracy" nuts...
This site isn't for rants. I guess I hit a nerve with you.

ENASNI

Sheesh

cmorris said:
This site isn't for rants. I guess I hit a nerve with you.
This Maggotstrate hit a nerve with me... ERG! I think you are one of the nicest people on here cmorris and your suggestion was better than mine.

I want to rant all over this guy... but will hold myself back.. methinks he will be gone soon.

you one good person cmorris... even if you do like Bush.... :p

S

seniorjudge

cmorris said:
:D

Seriously, thanks for the compliment!
I had a rant once but a shot of penicillin, a chiropractic adjustment, and a straight Democratic ballot took care of it.

Magistrate

Hit a nerve?

Oregon

Well, first I would scold you for stating such an assumption, however, it is irrelevant. And no, you did not hit a nerve. I was asking a question, not putting any nerver into that specific order.

As for you ESNASNI, or whatever, you do not appear to know what you are talking about besides the fact of stating an opinion, which was for me to ask a question, what kind of people do you think "hang out" here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">