• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sjsone

What is the name of your state?living in michigan ive been asked to submit a statement regarding the condition of a customers roof. roofing for 20yrs with different companies this will not be a problem. not yet being licensed myself im curious if the insurance company will accept my roof condition statement and or other bids on same home. help!!

claimlaw

It really depends upon how clear, concise and authoritative your report comes across to the insurer. Your report can't really harm the insured's claim even if it were to contradict the insured's position. In which case, all the insured would have to do is claim that they found out you weren't licensed and all the contracts, proposals, papers, and reports prepared and submitted by you are effectively tossed out the door.

Alternatively, you'll sound like a clear and concise roofing authority and they will act accordingly. Generally, if the insurer knows that you are not licensed and you are taking a hard position against them, they will certainly address the license. From the insurer's perspective it is a credibility factor.

Claimlaw

sjsone

thank you for a smart reply.... ive read some of your previous advices and was glad to hear from you . by the by...i got the job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">