• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

government agency misdeeds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

antlaw

What is the name of your state?georgia
I requested records from agency via FOIA...after about 1 year, suddenly the "documents" were produced...but there is a problem. Upon receiving the documents, I discovered the agency removed documents...documents whach were subject to my FOIA request.
i.e., they sent 7 of the receipts, but the 3 which were actually needed are mysteriously "missing"...

So, my question is what recourse do I now have to address this?

enjay

You appeal the FOIA decision using the address given in the initial response. Ask them to do another search and detail where they should look. If the documents don't exist, they don't exist. If you feel the agency has destroyed records that should be retained (remembering that different docs have different retention requirements), file a complaint with the OIG of the Department.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">