• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seller's Rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

THOMASOL

What is the name of your state? CT.
I recieved an offer from a company to purchase a lot I own in Florida. On the form that was in the envolope was a line that I was able to submit a counter offer. I filled out what I wanted for the lot and then signed the bottom. About a week later I recieved the form back with their signature and the word accepted written on it. About 2 weeks later I recieved a package with all the paper work for me to fill out. At this point there has been no contact by phone or in person and no monies have exchanged hands. Can I back out of this deal or am I legally bound to sell this property?

HomeGuru

THOMASOL said:
What is the name of your state? CT.
I recieved an offer from a company to purchase a lot I own in Florida. On the form that was in the envolope was a line that I was able to submit a counter offer. I filled out what I wanted for the lot and then signed the bottom. About a week later I recieved the form back with their signature and the word accepted written on it. About 2 weeks later I recieved a package with all the paper work for me to fill out. At this point there has been no contact by phone or in person and no monies have exchanged hands. Can I back out of this deal or am I legally bound to sell this property?

**A: good grief........

jnazareno

LOL ..... must be from the same company that offerred $10k for my lot in Florida that's worth 3x more.. depends how the contract was written
but you might be able to cancel it but read the contract

Last edited:

HomeGuru

jnazareno said:
LOL ..... must be from the same company that offerred $10k for my lot in Florida that's worth 3x more..

**A: possibly.
I believe if you haven't sign the final papers that you can still cancel it, at least that how it is in california.

**A: not true.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">