• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deed (Removal of Name)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ttwyler

What is the name of your state?IL. Before my father passed away. He refinanced his home. He included me on the deed of the house and my mother...... I got married,all of a sudden she tells me she wants my name removed from the deed of the house, because she wants to sell the house. I have no problem selling..... Can she legally have my named removed from the deed.... Confused in IL

HomeGuru

ttwyler said:
What is the name of your state?IL. Before my father passed away. He refinanced his home. He included me on the deed of the house and my mother...... I got married,all of a sudden she tells me she wants my name removed from the deed of the house, because she wants to sell the house. I have no problem selling..... Can she legally have my named removed from the deed.... Confused in IL

**A:not without your consent.

BelizeBreeze

ttwyler said:
Wrong question.

The CORRECT question would have been:

"How long after I file Partition can I expect my share of the proceeds of the sale of the home?" :D

ttwyler

Response

BelizeBreeze said:
Wrong question.

The CORRECT question would have been:

"How long after I file Partition can I expect my share of the proceeds of the sale of the home?" :D
. I have been married over 13yrs I wasn't the one looking for this problem. My step daughter gets molested by a family member. And all of a sudden she wants me out of the deed. So don't go their its typical in your line of field to believe that.......

BelizeBreeze

ttwyler said:
. I have been married over 13yrs I wasn't the one looking for this problem. My step daughter gets molested by a family member. And all of a sudden she wants me out of the deed. So don't go their its typical in your line of field to believe that.......
And what the hell does all of this have to do with my repsonse?

Lady, pull your head out of your ass and stick your attitude there. I just gave you the legal option that is your RIGHT as a property owner.

Keep your mouth shut, go see a real estate attorney and file for partition. Then, when mommy in law throws a gasket tell her you will be more than happy to withdraw your claim to the property for 2/3 s of the current appraisal of the property.

Otherwise, it goes to Partition and you will file for costs and fees above the legal right to share of the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">