• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step-parent adoption now divorced

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jewel110502

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I had a child before I was married. I got married to a man that was not the biological father. Three or four years after we were married, he adopted my son. We did the adoption papers ourselves and the biological father signed them. When we appeared in front of the judge, the judge said he would grant the adoption but it could be overturned if the biological faught it. The step parent and I have been divorced for 3 years, and my ex husband uses him to hurt me. I would like to know is there anyway to overturn the adoption?

Nope he is legally the father now. The biodad may have had a chance to fight it but its been to long now and you cant just get rid of the man who is now considered to be his father. The courts will look at it just like if you and him had made this child together. So get ready to play the custody game and child support game.

nextwife

beenthere30 said:
Nope he is legally the father now. The biodad may have had a chance to fight it but its been to long now

Mom, you can't keep going around changing your kid's daddy just because you don't like your ex's. You already got rid of biodad, now you want to get rid of the next person you CHOSE to have become your kid's daddy. Enough, just deal with him the same as any other divorced parent deals with an ex. He IS your kid's dad, and if you are telling your kid anything that diminishes his equal role as this child's parent, then it is you who is in the wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">