• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

police dont care...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xplaygirlx

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Hey,
My name is Nicole I'm 17 years old, I moved out of my moms house back in tha end of December. Since about Febuary my moms hunsbands bestfriend who is about late 30's or so keeps harassing *sp* me saying he's going to kill me. My boyfriend and I who I live with have made several police reports even had to move several times. The police are doing nothing. The threats are over phone, and through e-mail which I have a site so that's where he gets it from. I don't know what else to do, tha police wont help and my parents are making it worse..

Please help before it may be too late

A warrent for this guy and already fell through, also the police said he hits me or mah bf up again he's going to jail...So we let them know and they dont care...

Magistrate

Well, maybe wait for him to do something

Oregon

If he does anything, like you mentioned and we can foretell, like hurt you, assault you, steal illegaly from you, trespass, and so forth, catch it, record, or whatever, and say goodbye to this guy, it sounds like the police are, or rather, WERE "going to do something", and thus, you are not TOTALLY alone, at least you do not sound like it, for now, though, protect yourself, try to be covert and so forth, ignore that guy and his misdoings, and so forth, for now... Or you could keep attempting to file something, but, hey, look at where that got you now, talking to us on this forum...with the police having some information on this guy...

rmet4nzkx

Go to court and get a restraining order. If he is making threats on the internet, report it to the FBI field office if the police won't take the reports.

Magistrate

Yes, well, that works too

Hey, yeah, what the other guy above me said, that also works too, IF you want to take on the OFFENSIVE, which I am not that type, but hey, yeah, the FBI will do something, you can always count on that, otherwise, hey, why else would they not get over thousands upon thousands of cases every week that uses up the taxpayers money, and then turns out to be hoax, well, half of them were and are probably hoaxes, things in this case the police do nothing about, or for some other odd reason...

rmet4nzkx

Magistrate said:
Hey, yeah, what the other guy above me said, that also works too, IF you want to take on the OFFENSIVE, which I am not that type, but hey, yeah, the FBI will do something, you can always count on that, otherwise, hey, why else would they not get over thousands upon thousands of cases every week that uses up the taxpayers money, and then turns out to be hoax, well, half of them were and are probably hoaxes, things in this case the police do nothing about, or for some other odd reason...
The FBI is the appropriate group to report internet crime, that is why the local police don't do anything about it.

CdwJava

Okay ... wait ... whoa ... you are a minor and you moved out to live with your boyfriend?!?! In my state this is a crime ... I guess PA is a little more lenient on this sort of child molestation and out of control kids.

So, what exactly are these harassing threats and comments? Is he trying to tell you to leave the boyfriend? Come back home? What?

And you've moved "several times"? How are you doing this? Are you staying in other people's houses or do you manage to get out of leases and rental agreements just to move "several times" in less than 6 months? Heck, I haven't moved "several times" in 40 years!

And what exactly is this "site" that he gets your e-mail from? With a handle like "xplaygirlx" I'd be a little concerned.

Somehow I see a lot of detail missing from this tale.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">