• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retail Theft, Please HelP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nirav34

What is the name of your state? ILLINOIS

I was involved in retail theft in Walgreens, I was a employee there for 2 years. I was not arrested, nor did I go to court. Loss prevention guy told me that my name would be sent to background check company. They made me sign some papers. I had paid them back for the merchandise that I had stolen. My quetion is, Is there anyway I can get my name of that report? Because I haven't been able to get a job for almost a year now, and i found out that its because of that incident on my report that no one will hire me. Is there anything I can do? thanks....

S

seniorjudge

nirav34 said:
What is the name of your state? ILLINOIS

I was involved in retail theft in Walgreens, I was a employee there for 2 years. I was not arrested, nor did I go to court. Loss prevention guy told me that my name would be sent to background check company. They made me sign some papers. I had paid them back for the merchandise that I had stolen. My quetion is, Is there anyway I can get my name of that report? Because I haven't been able to get a job for almost a year now, and i found out that its because of that incident on my report that no one will hire me. Is there anything I can do? thanks....
Q: Is there anything I can do?

A: Get a job at a place that hires thieves.

That report will always be there....

S

seniorjudge

nirav34 said:
Thanks for answering the question. I can't get this record sealed or expunged? thanks.
As far as I know, there is no way to expunge or seal private records of public happenings.

nirav34

This is very odd. I am paying a hefty penalty for shoplifting, than the ones that commited the theft and got arrested and are back on the employment train. Would contacting Walgreens, and telling them to remove it be the last hope? thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">