• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgage Co, Lender, Buyers delays cost seller $$$

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RoyallyScrewed2

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Facing a financial crisis, I reluctantly made the decision to sell my home. My neighbor had introduced me to a friend who was a realtor and thus began my journey through hell. 24 hrs after the house was listed, several offers were received and after discussions with my realtor, obviously chose the best one.

The scheduled closing date was March 25 but both sides asked for March 18. As planned, I found myself a nice apartment to move into but told the complex that I will pay in advance as soon as closing is completed. I signed March 18 and waited for the buyers who were coming in that afternoon. A week later I find out there still waiting for the docs and then told the appraisal didn’t go through. What appraisal I asked? No one could give me an answer. While this happened I call my realtor who is on a cruise for the week and cannot get in touch with the buyers realtor (who happens to be her Aunt). Now its March 25, the original closing date and nothing happens. I'm furious at the lack of communication and finally touch base with my realtor. She tells me I need to paint the house because it’s an FHA loan. Now I'm really concerned. I told her I do not have the money and she knew we were not accepting FHA loans and why this? She says she didn't know and thought it was non conforming but that if I didn’t take care of some of the things the appraisal/inspector guy picked out that they would not approve the buyers for the loan. Now I'm in panic mode because I did not make the house payment for Feb and March because I thought we would have closed already. I painted the house that weekend as I was told the appraiser would be out that week. It took two weeks before anybody realized something was wrong. The appraiser never came out, and after pushing my realtor to get some answers, another two weeks has gone by.
Because I didn't understand how things fully worked, I know I was taken advantage of. But there has to be something I can do to get compensated for all the crap that went wrong on the other side that has caused me so much frustration and money. Ever since I signed the closing docs on Mar 18 nothing has gone right except delays and more delays. I was promised 48 hrs to be closed & funded twice by the assistant and manager/owner of the mortgage company and it was just lies to keep me off there backs. I had explained that I have an apartment on hold and we need to close before I lose it. All they kept saying was that we are waiting for this or that every time I talked to someone. I found out that what I was being told by the mortgage co and what really happened was just a bunch of lies. Now the next "so called closing" date was going to happen on April 15. Everything was set and once again like a fool, I believe this is the day. For some reason the buyers couldn't come in and sign so the big date was set for April 18th.
Now, because I believe these people to be professionals, I take their word that they mean it. By this time, I have had to cancel movers twice, and call all my creditors and apologize for those payments I said they can take just didn't go through and cost me a nice amount of change for return checks or debits! April 18 the big day. I check my account and 0! I call my realtor and can tell by the tone of her voice there’s a problem. The buyers walked away from the table! I couldn't believe it and told my realtor to pull the contract I had had it! The boyfriend didn't understand the interest rates so he walked out. Now the buyers have caused this delay. Again, I'm told nothing to worry about, well fund in 48 hrs I'm told by the manager of the mortgage co. for the buyer, the girlfriend will have her name on the docs. Had I known all this crap was going to happen, I would have pulled the contract. Now my back is up against the wall because my mortgage co is asking where the payoff is and I keep telling them next week next week. I was afraid the house would foreclose and that the buyer & her realtor (her Aunt) & the manager of the mortgage co. who is dating the Aunt are trying to stall so it will foreclose and be cheaper to bye. I still wanted to pull the contract but was very hesitant and afraid of foreclosure. I wish I had done that because I'm paying for it now. Finally, the closing date occurred on May 13. 77 days since the house was sold or 56 days past the original closing date it took to close! It was mentioned in the beginning that I would need at least a week to move out and clean if closing is on a Monday. If it happens Friday, I would just need the weekend. Well wouldn't you know I call the apartment complex up to tell them I'm coming with a check but they tell me they couldn't hold my apartment and rented it out. Now I'm scrambling to find a place to live for my dog and me. I feel that I should not have to be forced to take a place I don’t like, especially after the buyers caused this last delay and put me in this position. I'm sorry this is so long, but you had to know the most of what happened. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Screwed in AZ :mad:

S

seniorjudge

RoyallyScrewed2 said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

Facing a financial crisis, I reluctantly made the decision to sell my home. My neighbor had introduced me to a friend who was a realtor and thus began my journey through hell. 24 hrs after the house was listed, several offers were received and after discussions with my realtor, obviously chose the best one.

The scheduled closing date was March 25 but both sides asked for March 18. As planned, I found myself a nice apartment to move into but told the complex that I will pay in advance as soon as closing is completed. I signed March 18 and waited for the buyers who were coming in that afternoon. A week later I find out there still waiting for the docs and then told the appraisal didn’t go through. What appraisal I asked? No one could give me an answer. While this happened I call my realtor who is on a cruise for the week and cannot get in touch with the buyers realtor (who happens to be her Aunt). Now its March 25, the original closing date and nothing happens. I'm furious at the lack of communication and finally touch base with my realtor. She tells me I need to paint the house because it’s an FHA loan. Now I'm really concerned. I told her I do not have the money and she knew we were not accepting FHA loans and why this? She says she didn't know and thought it was non conforming but that if I didn’t take care of some of the things the appraisal/inspector guy picked out that they would not approve the buyers for the loan. Now I'm in panic mode because I did not make the house payment for Feb and March because I thought we would have closed already. I painted the house that weekend as I was told the appraiser would be out that week. It took two weeks before anybody realized something was wrong. The appraiser never came out, and after pushing my realtor to get some answers, another two weeks has gone by.
Because I didn't understand how things fully worked, I know I was taken advantage of. But there has to be something I can do to get compensated for all the crap that went wrong on the other side that has caused me so much frustration and money. Ever since I signed the closing docs on Mar 18 nothing has gone right except delays and more delays. I was promised 48 hrs to be closed & funded twice by the assistant and manager/owner of the mortgage company and it was just lies to keep me off there backs. I had explained that I have an apartment on hold and we need to close before I lose it. All they kept saying was that we are waiting for this or that every time I talked to someone. I found out that what I was being told by the mortgage co and what really happened was just a bunch of lies. Now the next "so called closing" date was going to happen on April 15. Everything was set and once again like a fool, I believe this is the day. For some reason the buyers couldn't come in and sign so the big date was set for April 18th.
Now, because I believe these people to be professionals, I take their word that they mean it. By this time, I have had to cancel movers twice, and call all my creditors and apologize for those payments I said they can take just didn't go through and cost me a nice amount of change for return checks or debits! April 18 the big day. I check my account and 0! I call my realtor and can tell by the tone of her voice there’s a problem. The buyers walked away from the table! I couldn't believe it and told my realtor to pull the contract I had had it! The boyfriend didn't understand the interest rates so he walked out. Now the buyers have caused this delay. Again, I'm told nothing to worry about, well fund in 48 hrs I'm told by the manager of the mortgage co. for the buyer, the girlfriend will have her name on the docs. Had I known all this crap was going to happen, I would have pulled the contract. Now my back is up against the wall because my mortgage co is asking where the payoff is and I keep telling them next week next week. I was afraid the house would foreclose and that the buyer & her realtor (her Aunt) & the manager of the mortgage co. who is dating the Aunt are trying to stall so it will foreclose and be cheaper to bye. I still wanted to pull the contract but was very hesitant and afraid of foreclosure. I wish I had done that because I'm paying for it now. Finally, the closing date occurred on May 13. 77 days since the house was sold or 56 days past the original closing date it took to close! It was mentioned in the beginning that I would need at least a week to move out and clean if closing is on a Monday. If it happens Friday, I would just need the weekend. Well wouldn't you know I call the apartment complex up to tell them I'm coming with a check but they tell me they couldn't hold my apartment and rented it out. Now I'm scrambling to find a place to live for my dog and me. I feel that I should not have to be forced to take a place I don’t like, especially after the buyers caused this last delay and put me in this position. I'm sorry this is so long, but you had to know the most of what happened. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Screwed in AZ :mad:

I got halfway through that and felt a migraine coming on.

Cut it in half.

Use paragraphs.

Hit your enter key between paragraphs for a little white space.

Ask three questions.

Leave out editorial comments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">